FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our Roster has a spot with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking for an experienced Cloud Platform Engineers to work with the rest of the Data Platform team and help shaping and communicating best practice designs for our AWS cloud platform. The chosen candidate will act as a technical reference point and sounding board during large-scale data handling and processing projects. As our data is a key component of the business used by almost every facet of the company, including product development, marketing, operations, and finance. It is vital that we deliver robust solutions that ensure reliable access to data with a focus on quality and availability.
Our competitive edge comes from making decisions based on accurate and timely data and your work will provide access to that data across the whole company. Looking ahead to the next phase of our data platform we are keen to do more with real time data processing and working with our data scientists to create machine learning pipelines
Our engineering teams work in an agile environment, but it’s the autonomy and empowerment given to our teams that’s the big difference. We utilise methods for delivery, quality and collective improvement that work for them, not a one size fits all approach.
THE GAME PLAN
- You take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance.
- You make things simpler.
- You write simple, exemplary code that motivates team write quality code & following best standards.
- You drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
- You work to resolve the root cause of endemic problems including areas where your team limits the innovation of other teams (bottlenecks). This may require you to influence software decisions made by other teams.
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
- You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices.
- You ensure your team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to be successful.
- Learn from others, and be a coach and mentor to other engineers, irrespective of experience.
- Guide continuous deployment as an active member of the development team.
- Reflect our values in day-to-day working.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- You will architect, shape and communicate best practice designs for our AWS Cloud platform.
- Promote this architecture within the wider community and refine as required.
- Act as a technical reference point and sounding board for AWS topics.
- Facilitate internal communications between communities, shape “what good looks like”
- Work across different teams of engineers, working to deliver technology solutions to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Your team owns multiple technology systems, and you will own the day-to-day management of those systems, where you are accountable to the software quality, and system maintenance.
- You hold a passion for building highly scalable and available backend systems with our teams of Software and Data Engineers.
- You have the ability to identify data driven insights, deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- You have gained knowledge and hands-on experience working on other well architected cloud solutions, feel comfortable delivering incremental value using Infrastructure-as-Code and a solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.