ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars US — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Lead quantitative analysis of complex datasets, working with decision-makers across the company to understand goals and identify opportunities to use data to develop new insights and improve business results.
THE GAME PLAN
Provide data-driven recommendations to stakeholders, articulating complex technical concepts as necessary. Develop, iterate and take to production machine learning models to solve business problems, such as predicting churn and other aspects of customer behavior, fraud detection and prevention, cross-sell recommendations and optimizing marketing spend. Build and manage statistical models to support strategic planning for Marketing and Commercial teams, including attribution models, marketing mix models, and models to predict lifetime customer value. Work with engineering teams to build scalable statistical and quantitative tools to accelerate the conversion of data to insight. Supervise junior data scientists.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
Master’s degree in Statistics or related quantitative field and five (5) years of experience in the job offered or a related position involving data science for mobile/digital analytics.
Full term of experience must include:
- Utilizing statistical, machine learning, and Bayesian knowledge with statistical significance testing, A/B testing; data modeling, design, and architecture principles; data mining, clustering, and segmentation;
- Utilizing Python and SQL;
- Building user behavior prediction using the following machine learning techniques: Linear regression; Lasso/Ridge; Logistic regression; Naïve Bayes; Decision tree; Random forest; Support vector machine; Neural network; Deep learning; K-Means; Clustering; Nearest neighborhood.
At least three years of experience must include:
- Building and deploying predictive models/user behavior predictions;
- Identifying technology stacks in order to increase productivity;
- Deploying machine learning based tools utilizing AWS ecosystem;
- Building and managing data science team and supervising junior data scientists.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to FanDuel’s Employee Referral Program
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.