ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is seeking a Senior Manager of Marketing Compliance. You will be the subject-matter expert within the marketing team for all topics related to online sports and casino products and compliance with state marketing regulations. On a day-to-day basis, the Senior Manager will be primarily responsible for building and leading the marketing compliance program across the business. This role will help design the frameworks, policies, procedures, and training for the marketing department to build into executions and enable FanDuel to scale sustainably with the highest integrity. The Senior Manager will be the expert in state-by-state regulations, marketing requirements, and internal standard operating procedures. This role will liaison with state regulatory leadership, internal compliance & legal, as well as marketing teams across the org.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Responsible for building marketing compliance framework including designing and enablement of the ZenGRC—the FanDuel enterprise risk management platform
- Work with Risk team to design and implement policies, procedures, and training materials to be followed throughout marketing org
- Monitor, test, and document in partnership with Risk team to ensure framework is working as designed and maintain issues list and lessons learned plans for missteps
- Be the most knowledgeable person within the Regulatory Compliance team on all things marketing related
- Represent the Marketing Compliance team in internal meetings relating to ongoing marketing operations
- Conduct compliance check-in meetings and design and deliver weekly marketing compliance reports and Key Risk Indicators for leadership review.
- Investigate systems and workflows to create new streamlines for program
- Responsible for working with broader legal & risk teams to perform audits, examinations, respond to regulatory requests, help identify potential gaps, and respond to and address issues as they arise
- Work with legal and state regulators to identify and manage change requests
- Partner with the marketing team and training experts to implement new employee, annual compliance and ad hoc lessons learned training programs for staff.
- Ensure all marketing executions are meeting internal and external requirements
- Build frameworks for promotional and creative submissions and logs based on state requirements
- Create testing strategies before launching campaigns to make sure all potential gaps are closed
- Serve as the liaison between the Retail Compliance Senior Manager and the wider FanDuel retail team, as well as with the company’s retail market access partners, for ongoing retail operations.
- Serve as Point of Contact for all marketing compliance related questions and concerns
- Liaison with Responsible Gaming department to ensure processes are built into broader frameworks
- Maintain record retention processes for effective and compliant record retention.
- Complete other regulatory compliance tasks assigned by management.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Once hired, Marketing Compliance Senior Manager, will be required to obtain licenses from various jurisdictions in order to represent FanDuel before regulators in those jurisdictions.
- Minimum 5 years of internal control, internal audit or compliance experience, consulting experience a plus.
- Travel flexibility: Role may require significant on-the-ground engagement at times access partners and regulators.
- Sound and tested experience exercising judgment including communication, relationships and the accurate presentation of materials required of high-stakes engagements.
- Bachelor’s Degree (J.D. a plus, but this is not a role involving the practice of law)
- Experience engaging directly with federal or state regulators, SROs or comparable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of management
- Extensive relevant post-qualification experience
- Ability to work as part of a team in a very fast paced and changing environment
- Familiarity with project management tools like Asana required
- Understanding of marketing operations and executions
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.