FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, and Scotland.
About the Role:
Join a place where innovation, creativity, customer/business focus, continuous improvement, automation and operational objectives are a way of life— and love what you do.
We’re a company that doesn’t stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our technology team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on dynamic projects, collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Working with the development team and other engineers, you will conduct system analysis of operational systems to include automation, troubleshooting, and problem solving. You will be charged with monitoring the production environments, ensuring proactive management of events, and proper systems optimisation to maximise availability of critical services. You will have an obsessive focus on automation and building repeatable solutions.
The person will join with the Information Technology team and will work across various IT functional areas (Network Engineering, Cloud Networking, System Administration, Dev Operations, etc.) to assist in the definition, implementation, and support of network, system architectures (production and corporate), and process/documentation standardisation efforts.
What you'll do:
- Configure and upgrade network infrastructure, including switches, routers, access points, firewalls, VPNs, load balancers, wireless infrastructure, servers, storage and other related appliances.
- Implement network guidelines and performance (QoS, Security, and Network Monitoring) and create/maintain network records, drawings, and documentation.
- Provide engineering design and support for infrastructure to deploy advanced video services, cloud-based networking, and internet services.
- Assist with trouble resolution, including in-depth analysis of packet captures.
- Participant in on-call rotation for all incident management and change management requirements.
- Analyse and improve network performance and ensure that the network keeps pace with growth needs in workplace IT, data center, and DC/Cloud hybrid model. Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Analyse and improve network monitoring, alerting, logging, dashboards.
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Configure and install software, hardware, routers and other network devices
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Mentor team members on technical issues, support NetOps methodology and teams.
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Communicate with executives, project teams, business partners and users as needed
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- In-depth knowledge of IP routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- In-depth experience working with Cisco technologies (Catalyst, Nexus)
- In-depth experience with IPv4, IPv6, VOIP, MPLS, Capwap, L2/L3, SSL VPN, IPSec VPN.
- In-depth experience in the cloud (AWS and Google).
- Experience in WAN and LAN design architecture.
- Experience with virtual network solutions.
- Experience with Cisco Switches/Routers
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls and Next-Gen firewalls
- Troubleshooting of network connectivity and performance problems and subsequent remediation
What you'll get:
We treat our team right
An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
Sharesave scheme and Value Creation Plan – be part of the group's success
Conference tickets and online training resources to help you keep learning
We buy you the software you prefer to work with, and high end hardware to run it on
Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
Excellent benefit programs and platforms
Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
There's more, but we don't want to go on and on!
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.