FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our Roster has a spot with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate & experienced performance engineers who are strong communicators and have a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have performance engineering experience as well as the confidence to propose and implement capabilities & pragmatic solutions to complex problems that allow software development teams to conduct performance testing of new, or changes to existing, software developments. As a senior performance engineer, you will work within a team that provides performance testing and experimentation expertise to development teams across FanDuel Group and also bridges performance testing capabilities to allow those teams to self-serve. You will own and become subject matter experts of areas of performance engineering technology stack and will be the go to person for those areas. You thrive on technological advancement of the team and always working towards its improvement.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You provide either direct or consultative expertise to development teams in conducting performance testing or risk analysis for the most common software/hardware solutions within FanDuel; this involves test planning, test implementation, monitoring, results analysis and process improvements.
- You develop, test, and deploy software for performance engineering infrastructure or work with development teams to bridge capability gaps that enables those teams to better self-serve in performance testing their systems.
- You conduct holistic performance testing of our suite of products where appropriate e.g. during Game Days.
- You assess where risk of not testing areas may be acceptable where other mitigations may be more preferable.
- You write simple and extendable code following standards and best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- You determine valuable models for load profiles for a service via historical data (often provided by Production Operations) or prediction models (often provided by Product Operations or is self-determined derived from historical data).
- You carry out or advise development teams on how to carry out descriptive or inferential statistical analysis appropriately as a means of providing more meaningful analysis of results data; e.g. univariate, bivariate and multivariate analysis.
- You provide or advise development teams on comprehensive yet concisely evaluations with examples on the impacts of poor performance or failures as a consequence of not mitigating an identified risk in an area where they have a specialism in.
- You mentor Software Engineers or Quality Engineers in performance engineering practices.
- You contribute to post-mortems and correction of errors in other verticals.
- You help balance customer (development team) requirements with the performance engineering team requirements.
- You help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric/COE reviews.
- You work to resolve the root cause of complex problems, leaving software better and easier to maintain than when you found it.
- You are able to train new team-mates on how your team's software is constructed, how it operates, how secure it is, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
- You foster a constructive dialogue and seek resolutions in a professional way.
- You help recruit and interview for your team.
- You estimate stories/tasks accurately and deliver them in time.
- You mentor and help to develop others.
- You keep yourself up to date with market standards and open-source frameworks.
- Most importantly, you are; humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied and always challenging the norm.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Strong performance testing grounding with experience developing and implementing performance test strategies.
- Experience with testing and monitoring tools and performance load simulators.
- Experience for writing distributed, highly scalable and available test infrastructure, backend systems or APIs using Java and/or Python or similar programming languages.
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices.
- Knowledge of event-driven architecture and queueing services.
- Test automation scripting and iteration including test data management.
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting performance test results.
- Proven clear and confident communication skills, to convey information to non-technical.
- The drive to constantly learn and improve.
- Not being afraid to speak up and voice opinions.
- Experience with implementing, working with, improving continuous integration pipelines (such as Jenkins and Puppet)
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.