FanDuel Group is a collection of brands operating at the intersection of sports, gaming, tech, and entertainment. Our mission is to give sports fans the chance to win everyday and create experiences they can’t wait to share with their friends.
We’re not just a company, we’re a collective. And we’re not just coworkers, we’re a community. We’re an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, and rebuilders. We value teamwork above all else, and we believe that diversity and inclusiveness are at the core of any good team. Like any good sports team, we’ve got passion. Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, and passion for our own people. With a company that’s as committed to its people as it is to its customers, FanDuel Group is a great place to develop yourself and your career.
Release Engineering is a brand new team in FanDuel. Our goal is to enable engineering teams to maximize the velocity at which they can deliver new functionality to our customers. We will achieve this with quality and control in an automated framework.
This is an opportunity to shape and implement world class automated delivery and deployment at scale. The online U.S. gaming market is new and you can help us to be a leader in the industry by giving us the ability to deliver valuable products and services to market as efficiently as possible in a regulated environment.
We’re looking for passionate technologists with strong communication and commitment to continuous improvement. Maybe you’ve not done full on CI/CD but you have experienced the frustration of the lack of automation in your day to day engineering! This is an opportunity to use your existing dev skills and learn the tools to tackle this and implement automation in the development cycle.
Role and expectations
- Build and support, tools and frameworks that enable product development teams to deploy and release software to customers. These will provide different options to suit the varying product risk profiles.
- Follow and promote best practices for delivery and deployment in a DevOps culture.
- Provide the capabilities that manage product release trains for features or system components that require regulator oversight or testing before, or after, release.
- Ensure that the best practices and tools are in place to fulfil our other change submission control standards e.g. automated promotion checks, release notifications/approvals to/from stakeholders, change auditing etc.
- Explore a multitude of technology to solve complex problems.
- Write good, professional, code following best practices.
- Reflect our values in day-to-day working.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming languages. Alternatively, strong scripting for automation tooling.
- Understanding of source control management e.g. GitHub.
- Experience with database integrations (SQL/NoSQL).
- Demonstrated use of CI tools e.g. Jenkins.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies e.g. AWS.
- Flexible in learning and working with new technologies.
- Loves automation.
- You believe anything is possible and that great teams achieve great things together.
Bonus points for
- Experience building tools or capabilities to further CI/CD practices.
- Demonstrated use of artifact control tools (Nexus, Artifactory, Image repositories).
- API development.
- Familiarity with configuration management e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Knowledge of VMware
What you can expect
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions
- A new technical challenge around every corner, we’re never short of interesting problems to solve
- An excellent wellbeing package including, flexible working & uncapped holidays, employee assistance program, full medical, dental and optical cover and cycle to work scheme.
- Excellent development opportunities including, 10% time, hackathons, conference attendance, online and in-office training and our preference is to promote from within.
- A stress-free financial package inclusive of, pension, life assurance, share save scheme, value creation rewards and season ticket commuter loans.
We’re very proud of the company we have created and the biggest contributor to our success is our people. We strive to create an environment that allows people to bring their whole selves to work, one that promotes a healthy work/life balance and one that is dedicated to supporting the personal and professional development of its people.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential