FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, and Scotland.
- Setup and operate different types of video/audio recording and playback devices in a simultaneous, multi-tasking environment
- Coordinates, troubleshoots, and follows up on incoming and outgoing satellite, OTT media streams/signals, IP transmission and/or Telco feeds with internal and external entities. Understands signal flow.
- Controls and configures satellite antenna, frame syncs, remotes and receive equipment. Schedules backup feeds as needed.
- Collaborates with internal and external entities with initial and daily fax out of all tracks and remote feeds.
- Develop, write and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the department.
- Controls and understands configuration of multiview equipment, router matrix, and media asset management systems
- Controls and configures internal digital audio matrix, including IFB, PL and PAP panel assignments.
- Assigns, configures, maintains, and manages TOC resources proactively to ensure that all recordings and projects are accomplished per daily schedule.
- Coordinates and builds Remote Technical One Sheet for dissemination to facility.
- Complete formal paperwork for TOC (Technical Operations Center) and other departments including, but not limited to creating, maintaining, and disseminating daily record schedules, emails, and charts of all feeds and remote based information.
- Quality checks and adjusts video/audio signal levels for optimum quality
- Able to complete tasks and projects with strict deadlines
- Take direction from control room personnel for content playback during live broadcasts
- Create rundowns, segment timings and quality checks
- Perform dubbing operations, as needed
- Performs ingest procedure for transfer of media material into the air server
- Ensures all recordings are accomplished per daily schedule
- Create/maintain appropriate logs and labels for removable media
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills and the ability to work effectively, professionally, and courteously with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Performs other tasks, as assigned, including, but not limited to, Broadcast technician, Audio technician, Master Control operator, Content Server System operator, Transmission/Satellite Control (TOC) operator, TV Director and Technical Director
- Performs duties on remote broadcasts, as assigned
- Adhere to Company procedures and policies, and management and supervisory directives.
- Hands-on and/or working knowledge of systems/equipment used in functions identified above, including analog/digital/high definition video/audio signals and monitoring equipment
- Excellent communication and good technical skills
- Strong leadership and proactive skills
- Ability to travel to remote broadcast sites, as assigned
- Ability to lift and carry loads up to 70 pounds
- Ability to work well in a broadcast team environment, including talent, producers and directors, under strict time deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work varied schedules and work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED; prefer AA degree in related field
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in a live television studio or remote environment, utilizing accepted operational techniques to achieve a high quality broadcast
- Two plus years overall broadcast operations experience at a local TV station, cable/satellite channel or other industry-related activities
- Two years’ experience working as a TOC Operator, utilizing accepted operational techniques to achieve a high quality broadcast
Beyond working with such a great team?
- Exciting environment with real growth
- Abundant learning and development opportunities
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
There's more, but we don't want to go on and on!
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.