FanDuel is the pioneer of online daily fantasy sports, one of the fastest growing sectors of the sports and entertainment industry. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve been disrupting the fantasy sports industry and changing the way millions of fans experience sports.
We are looking to add a Corporate Counsel to our legal team with 5-10 years of broad-based corporate experience to handle a variety of corporate governance and commercial responsibilities, including advising on strategic acquisitions and investments, as well as supporting our commercial, talent and marketing teams. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, this position will support both the management team and many of FanDuel’s business teams.
What you’ll do
- Manage the corporate secretary and governance function, working closely with the management team and Board of Directors
- Lead legal team in supporting FanDuel’s corporate strategy, M&A and finance efforts, including helping structure transactions, managing due diligence and supervising outside counsel on that work
- Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including agreements with agencies, vendors, sponsors and marketing/commercial partners
- Support the FanDuel talent team on employment law matters
- Advise the marketing team on advertising, intellectual property and related issues
- Build close relationships with personnel at supported business operations and obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of the product and objectives of those operations
Who we’re looking for
- An experienced attorney with a strong transactional background, deep understanding of the nuances of fundraising, M&A and related corporate transactions, and superior drafting and negotiating skills
- JD from a top tier law school and member of at least one state bar
- In-house experience with an internet/technology company a strong plus
- At least 3 years at a nationally-recognized law firm focusing on general corporate or advertising and marketing matters is highly preferred
- Analytical thinker with exceptional business and legal problem-solving skills
- Quick learner with a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law to function integrally as part of a team
- Passion to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- 401K plan
- 100% coverage of health insurance premiums
- Stock Options
There's more, but we don't want to go on and on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.