About your role:
Would you love to work in a big scale environment with backend servers getting 100k requests each minute from end-users and help us improving the 62 TiB data warehouse of the top 100 site that serves 25 TiB each day?
The role of Senior Data Engineer at FANDOM opens you to a vast, growing, dynamic social universe. We want you to help us better understand and serve the largest population of the most knowledgeable fans on the planet.
As a member of our Data Engineering team, you will enhance, maintain and evolve our current Data Warehouse and ETL infrastructure, design and implement new functionalities. You will also help build systems that allow our business to perform ad-hoc analysis against MySQL, Spark, HIVE, presto in the AWS cloud, and would work with our product and analytics team in Poland and the US to answer important business questions and solve problems.
Join Fandom build innovative tools, design new solutions in a fun environment and help us manage our data in the cloud.
You will be working with cutting-edge cloud-based solutions like serverless applications and infrastructure as code.
- 4+years of experience in either data infrastructure or backend systems
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Experienced with Python
- Experienced with one or more of the following programming languages: JVM based/PHP
- Experience with Hadoop or other MapReduce-based architectures
- Self-starter, creative, passionate, with a collaborative attitude
- Passionate about growing your expertise in the following:
- Data Pipelines
- Data Warehousing
- Metrics Development
Bonus points if you...
- Experience with Amazon AWS (VPC, Security Groups, etc.)
- Knowledge of Hadoop components and how they work together (e.g. Hive, Spark etc)
- Knowledge of Dimensional modeling and performant data loading strategies
- Have experience with AirFlow and EMR
Benefits & Perks
- Salary ranges: + 14 000 PLN (depending on experience)
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Team lunches and events
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Interest and hobby groups
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
- Well-equipped and constantly expanding the library
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.