Who are we?
FalconX is the most advanced digital asset platform for institutions. We provide trade execution, credit & treasury management, prime offering and market making services. Given our global operations, industry-leading technology and deep liquidity, we have facilitated client transactions of $1 trillion in volume. Our products & services are regulated, compliant and trusted.
We are a team of engineers, product builders, institutional sales and trading leaders, operations experts, and business strategists. Our teammates have entrepreneurial experience and come from companies such as Google, Apple, Paypal, Citadel, Bridgewater, and Goldman Sachs. And, we embody our values: Think big; Drive bold outcomes; Be one team; Iterate with speed; and be an entrepreneur.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
What you’ll be working on:
- Provide technical and thought leadership for Data Engineering and Business Intelligence
- Create, implement and operate the strategy for robust and scalable data pipelines for business intelligence and machine learning
- Develop and maintain core data framework and key infrastructures
- Data Warehouse design and data modeling for efficient and cost effective reporting
- Define and implement Data Governance processes related to data discovery, lineage, access control and quality assurance.
Skills you'll need:
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of strong experience with data transformation & ETL on large data sets using open technologies like Spark, SQL and Python
- 3+ years of complex SQL with strong knowledge of SQL optimization and understanding of logical & physical execution plans
- You have at least 1 year working in AWS environment, and should be familiar with modern web technologies like AWS cloud, MySQL database, Redis caching, messaging tools like Kafka/SQS etc
- Experience in advanced Data Lake, Data Warehouse concepts & Data Modeling experience (i.e. Relational, Dimensional, internet-scale logs)
- Knowledge of Python, Spark (Batch/Streaming), SparkSQL and PySpark
- Proficient in at least one of the following Object-oriented programming languages -- Python / Java / C++
- Effective craftsmanship in building, testing, and optimizing ETL/feature/metric pipelines
- Experience with Business Requirements definition and management, structured analysis, process design, use case documentation
- A data-oriented mindset
FalconX is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and safe workspace for all people. Our roles are intended for people from all walks of life. We encourage all those interested in applying to our organization to submit an application regardless if you are missing some of the listed background requirements, skills, or experiences!
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, FalconX would like to acknowledge that the EEOC survey has limited potential responses that you can select. For legal reasons, FalconX must use this language to align with federal requirements, however, we want to ensure that you are able to provide a response to our own voluntary survey questions about your identity that best aligns with your most true self.
FalconX is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on FalconX. Please inform FalconX’s People team at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need assistance with participating in the application process.