Who are we?
FalconX is the most advanced digital asset platform for institutions. We provide trade execution, credit & treasury management, prime offering and market making services. Given our global operations, industry-leading technology and deep liquidity, we have facilitated client transactions of $1 trillion in volume. Our products & services are regulated, compliant and trusted.
We are a team of engineers, product builders, institutional sales and trading leaders, operations experts, and business strategists. Our teammates have entrepreneurial experience and come from companies such as Google, Apple, Paypal, Citadel, Bridgewater, and Goldman Sachs. And, we embody our values: Think big; Drive bold outcomes; Be one team; Iterate with speed; and be an entrepreneur.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
As FalconX’s Compensation Associate, you will have the opportunity to continue to build infrastructure and improve our compensation processes. You will enhance and implement our compensation philosophy and strategy and ensure we are competitive as we seek to hire and recognize exceptional talent. You will work tirelessly to ensure fairness and equity when it comes to how we pay our talent at FalconX.
FalconX is a digital asset startup! Below are some key responsibilities however this role has lots of opportunity to evolve and grow:
- Continue to evolve the compensation philosophy for FalconX, in partnership with the executive team
- Conduct market and peer equity analysis as part of our ongoing performance management and compensation processes, conduct ad-hoc compensation studies upon request (e.g. benchmarking), and clearly communicate and share outcomes of the analysis and findings
- Work closely with our global compensation team to execute adjustments to ensure our current employees are properly aligned with our agreed upon compensation philosophy, market conditions, and internal peer equity
- As a key business partner you'll be expected to develop a comprehensive understanding of our business, align to business priorities including effectively identifying, and diagnosing internal blockers, and providing clear recommendations to help business leaders make informed and sound compensation related decisions for better resolutions
- Lead the end-to-end annual compensation planning, analytics/modeling, and reporting process for HR partners and the business, partnering closely with internal stakeholders in finance
- Develop and implement a scalable and auditable process for total rewards (e.g. compensation and promotion letter) distribution across the broad FalconX organization with specific daily focus on the U.S. compensation benefits
- Support the US Recruiting team as they benchmark new roles
- Serve as our equity administrator and create and prepare Board resolutions related to equity approvals
- Help field employee inquiries, provide coaching/counseling on compensation, and respond to escalated compensation issues
- Support the process of conducting job code audits to ensure that employees are in the correct job codes
- Ability to develop, execute, and sustain operational excellence and to develop controls
- You have a genuine interest in digital asset and blockchain technology
- You’ve seen how compensation should work at scale by working at a larger company
- You’ve also worked at a start up previously, so you know how to move fast and juggle multiple competing priorities at once
- You have at least 5 years of experience in compensation management or compensation consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices
- You have a solid understanding of private equity, including options and RSUs
- You have experience with HR tech stack: Rippling, Google Suite, Microsoft Excel
- You have project management experience and a track record for planning, delivering, and auditing work
- You have advanced analytical skills and spreadsheet capabilities using both excel and google sheets including complex formulas or SQL
- You can work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, with all levels of employees in the organization.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills for internal presentations
- You have the ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data
- You have superior consultation skills and the ability to seek out information and provide quality advice
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $115,000 and $160,000 USD. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.
FalconX is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and safe workspace for all people. Our roles are intended for people from all walks of life. We encourage all those interested in applying to our organization to submit an application regardless if you are missing some of the listed background requirements, skills, or experiences!
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, FalconX would like to acknowledge that the EEOC survey has limited potential responses that you can select. For legal reasons, FalconX must use this language to align with federal requirements, however, we want to ensure that you are able to provide a response to our own voluntary survey questions about your identity that best aligns with your most true self.