Who are we?
FalconX is the most advanced digital asset platform for institutions. We provide trade execution, credit & treasury management, prime offering and market making services. Given our global operations, industry-leading technology and deep liquidity, we have facilitated client transactions of $1 trillion in volume. Our products & services are regulated, compliant and trusted.
We are a team of engineers, product builders, institutional sales and trading leaders, operations experts, and business strategists. Our teammates have entrepreneurial experience and come from companies such as Google, Apple, Paypal, Citadel, Bridgewater, and Goldman Sachs. And, we embody our values: Think big; Drive bold outcomes; Be one team; Iterate with speed; and be an entrepreneur.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
At FalconX, you’ll help create a more open financial system. In building trading, credit and custody infrastructure, we are enabling thousands more institutions to enter the market and support a more open and accessible financial system. The world’s largest financial institutions from Wall Street to Silicon Valley will turn to you for products that provide unparalleled seamless, efficient and secure access to the cryptocurrency sector.
FalconX is hiring a Senior Software Engineer focused on our core platform stack to help introduce a new, in-demand product line for the company that integrates seamlessly with our proprietary, best-in-class Prime Brokerage platform. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a background in building scalable, distributed systems as well as a strong understanding of blockchain, wallets, and platforms to build upon our vision of an open financial system.
- Develop and maintain core framework and key server-side components for wallet services
- Implement wallet interactions in a distributed architecture, handling complex workflows and data transformations
- Build and maintain infrastructure for different protocol communications like REST, Websocket and FIX.
- Design and build large scale systems that allow seamless handling of high-volume transaction activity
- Take ownership of technical aspects and ensure technology is designed and built around our customers’ needs
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product leadership to plan, estimate, prioritize, and productize new products and features
- Take direct responsibility for quality and delivery of the team’s work
- Own, drive, and be accountable to KPIs pertaining to performance and defects of software systems
- Own end-to-end engineering flows including troubleshooting production issues resulting from internal and external factors
- Provide timely support to customer issues and triage quickly and effectively
- Facilitate thorough documentation and knowledge sharing
- A bachelors/masters degree in Computer Science
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering and have experience working with production scale web applications
- Experience building scalable backend services in a distributed architecture
- Proficiency with writing production code in at least one of the following Object-oriented programming languages -- Python / Java / C++
- Strong working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and distributed architectures
- You have a strong understanding of modern industry technical methodologies and are comfortable operating in dynamic environments
- Strong communication skills and collaborative mindset
- Experience working in a cross-team environment, collaborating with and enabling other functions to drive broader departmental goals
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that expand our product to next level
- A self-starter eager to explore, iterate, and contribute to decision-making
FalconX is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and safe workspace for all people. Our roles are intended for people from all walks of life. We encourage all those interested in applying to our organization to submit an application regardless if you are missing some of the listed background requirements, skills, or experiences!
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, FalconX would like to acknowledge that the EEOC survey has limited potential responses that you can select. For legal reasons, FalconX must use this language to align with federal requirements, however, we want to ensure that you are able to provide a response to our own voluntary survey questions about your identity that best aligns with your most true self.