Who are we?
FalconX is the most advanced digital asset platform for institutions. We provide trade execution, credit & treasury management, prime offering and market making services. Given our global operations, industry-leading technology and deep liquidity, we have facilitated client transactions of $1 trillion in volume. Our products & services are regulated, compliant and trusted.
We are a team of engineers, product builders, institutional sales and trading leaders, operations experts, and business strategists. Our teammates have entrepreneurial experience and come from companies such as Google, Apple, Paypal, Citadel, Bridgewater, and Goldman Sachs. And, we embody our values: Think big; Drive bold outcomes; Be one team; Iterate with speed; and be an entrepreneur.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
- supervises end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of the periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts
- Serves as a thought leader and works closely with the leadership team to formulate short- to long-term financial and strategic plans.
- Attracting and retaining great talent and proactively works at strengthening accounting processes
- Support initiatives targeted at financial processes improvement and the implementation of changes to achieve efficiencies and the company’s objectives in the areas of project billing, contract compliance and reporting, indirect cost recovery, financial reporting and analysis.
- Leads accounting and taxation at FalconX for all entities
Forecasting & Reporting :
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary on the performance of a product or department.
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior management that will lead to revenue generation, cost reduction and more efficient operations.
- Monitors financial transactions and ensures compliance with the Order’s policies and procedures. 14. Maintains compliance with all international and local regulations.
- Management & ad hoc Reporting - Investors, Leadership Team, BoD as and when required
- Preparing financial statements, including cash flow statements
Finance Operations :
- Produce models to project long-term growth, accounting for factors that will impact performance. At the same time, project accurate financial position of FalconX correctly
- Leads the documentation of all financial books and records
- Oversee and own the financial operations at FalconX
- Planning, organising and coordinating the year-end close process with internal and external auditors
- Ensuring successful completion of the company’s tax filings
- Planning, budgeting and authorising expenditures
- You will be the lead the Finance shared services function at FalconX India and lead a team that manages multiple entities globally
- Build Internal models and ensure real-time & accurate financial information to all the stakeholders.
- You will be required to work very closely with Products, Ops, Markets Teams & External consultants to achieve the best financial outcomes for the organization.
- Keep pace with the growth phase of the organization, you will be capable of working across i.e. Accounting, Treasury, Reporting, etc.
- Over a course of time, build SME knowledge of the environment the firm is operating in.
Required Qualifications :
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and/or operations related to controllers and tax functions.
- Knowledge in any of the following areas are preferred: Controls surrounding regulatory reporting, regulatory capital calculation and reporting, legal entity, financial reporting and/or tax reporting
- Chartered Accountancy
- US GAAP & IRFS Certification
- Prior working experience of 15+years in similar industries (Crypto, Banking, Broker-Dealer, Hedge Fund, etc.)
- Prior Controller experience is required
- Crypto or Fintech industry experience highly preferred
- Understanding of E2E Trade Flow & related dynamics (Settlement, Market-making etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Excel is a must
- Hands-on experience on reporting tools like Hyperion, PowerBI, DOMO, Alteryx, TLM & ERP is desirable.
- Enthusiastic, Self-starter, Detail-oriented with excellent analytical & problem-solving capability and will demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to operating across various functions.
- Penchant to learn about Fintech, blockchain, and digital assets.
FalconX is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and safe workspace for all people. Our roles are intended for people from all walks of life. We encourage all those interested in applying to our organization to submit an application regardless if you are missing some of the listed background requirements, skills, or experiences!
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, FalconX would like to acknowledge that the EEOC survey has limited potential responses that you can select. For legal reasons, FalconX must use this language to align with federal requirements, however, we want to ensure that you are able to provide a response to our own voluntary survey questions about your identity that best aligns with your most true self.