Who are we?
FalconX is one of the fastest-growing startups in FinTech. We are redefining prime brokerage from the ground up.
We are backed by some of the best investors in the world including Accel, American Express, B Capital, Coinbase, Fidelity, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Fenbushi Capital and Tiger Global Management + more yet to be publicly disclosed.
We deliver institutional digital asset traders best-in-class trading, credit, custody and structured products. We trade, lend and secure tens of billions of dollars monthly, are highly profitable, and growing fast, so we need your help!
We are data-driven. Whether it's a growth or product decision, we believe data can always help us make more precise and informed choices.
We move fast. Speed of execution is essential for any startup, but we believe this is even more pertinent in our 24/7 industry.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
FalconX has offices in San Mateo, Chicago, New York, Bangalore, Malta, and Singapore.
Who is on the team?
We are entrepreneurs. Many in our company have been founders or have aspirations to eventually start their own company. We take these ambitions and experiences to bring a solutions-oriented mindset to the problems we encounter day-to-day.
We are experienced. We have been fortunate to have learned from mentors and peers at institutions such as Google, LinkedIn, JUMP Trading, Citadel, PEAK6 Investments, Goldman Sachs, Harvard Business School, Carnegie Mellon, IIT + more.
What is the role?
FalconX is seeking software engineers to develop trading infrastructure components, tools and systems for crypto. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience building large-scale production system, high-performance trading applications and driving improvements in all facets of the trading ecosystem.
The trading systems engineer will:
- Design, develop and deploy FalconX’s trading tools and systems.
- Architect trading components for scalability, performance, robustness and resilience.
- Build frameworks for market access and execution strategies.
- Partner with product managers and other technologists to devise next gen trading
- Learn about crypto markets and participants to enhance trading intelligence and
- Research, innovate and drive software engineering excellence.
What are the qualifications?
- 5+ years of experience with an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software
- Engineering, EE or similar
- Experience building high performance/low-latency trading components and systems.
- Solid experience in C++ (’11 and later) developing high performance, scalable
- Programming exerience in Python and SQL.
- Strong background in advanced data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with WebSockets, REST API and FIX.
- Experience in cloud networking as well as cloud server efficiency improvement.
- Experience in crypto exchange or crypto trading firms would be a plus.
- Proficiency in the SDLC process including design/requirement specs, testing, change management and CI/CD.
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $155,000 and $245,000 USD. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.