Who are we?
FalconX is the most advanced digital asset platform for institutions. We provide trade execution, credit & treasury management, prime offering and market making services. Given our global operations, industry-leading technology and deep liquidity, we have facilitated client transactions of $1 trillion in volume. Our products & services are regulated, compliant and trusted.
We are a team of engineers, product builders, institutional sales and trading leaders, operations experts, and business strategists. Our teammates have entrepreneurial experience and come from companies such as Google, Apple, Paypal, Citadel, Bridgewater, and Goldman Sachs. And, we embody our values: Think big; Drive bold outcomes; Be one team; Iterate with speed; and be an entrepreneur.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
What is the role?
FalconX is seeking software engineers to develop trading infrastructure components, tools and systems for crypto. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience building large-scale production system, high-performance trading applications and driving improvements in all facets of the trading ecosystem.
The trading systems engineer will:
- Design, develop and deploy FalconX’s trading tools and systems.
- Architect trading components for scalability, performance, robustness and resilience.
- Build frameworks for market access and execution strategies.
- Partner with product managers and other technologists to devise next gen trading
- Learn about crypto markets and participants to enhance trading intelligence and
- Research, innovate and drive software engineering excellence.
What are the qualifications?
- 5+ years of experience with an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software
- Engineering, EE or similar
- Experience building high performance/low-latency trading components and systems.
- Solid experience in C++ (’11 and later) developing high performance, scalable
- Programming exerience in Python and SQL.
- Strong background in advanced data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with WebSockets, REST API and FIX.
- Experience in cloud networking as well as cloud server efficiency improvement.
- Experience in crypto exchange or crypto trading firms would be a plus.
- Proficiency in the SDLC process including design/requirement specs, testing, change management and CI/CD.
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $155,000 and $245,000 USD. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.
FalconX is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and safe workspace for all people. Our roles are intended for people from all walks of life. We encourage all those interested in applying to our organization to submit an application regardless if you are missing some of the listed background requirements, skills, or experiences!
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, FalconX would like to acknowledge that the EEOC survey has limited potential responses that you can select. For legal reasons, FalconX must use this language to align with federal requirements, however, we want to ensure that you are able to provide a response to our own voluntary survey questions about your identity that best aligns with your most true self.
FalconX is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on FalconX. Please inform FalconX’s People team at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need assistance with participating in the application process.