Who are we?
FalconX is the most advanced digital asset platform for institutions. We provide trade execution, credit & treasury management, prime offering and market making services. Given our global operations, industry-leading technology and deep liquidity, we have facilitated client transactions of $1 trillion in volume. Our products & services are regulated, compliant and trusted.
We are a team of engineers, product builders, institutional sales and trading leaders, operations experts, and business strategists. Our teammates have entrepreneurial experience and come from companies such as Google, Apple, Paypal, Citadel, Bridgewater, and Goldman Sachs. And, we embody our values: Think big; Drive bold outcomes; Be one team; Iterate with speed; and be an entrepreneur.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
You will build a world-class Finance team, with a diverse and geographically distributed team. You will ensure our financial statements are prepared on a timely basis, according to GAAP and other regulatory requirements. You will get ahead of changes in the cryptocurrency regulatory environment. You will drive our thinking on capital structure, and help the company through fundraising. You will ensure our financials are properly audited. You will optimize our geographical footprint to optimize taxes and cost.
- Build out the Finance team to help drive and enable the company's fast growth: anticipate needs, identify, hire, and develop a world-class team
- Proactively understand the regulatory environment on cryptocurrencies, and ensure financial compliance
- Design, build, and implement sustainable monthly reporting processes and systems in coordination with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with product, operations, engineering, and other departments to understand and account for transactions accurately and in line with GAAP, and other regulatory requirements
- Ensure monthly financial closing is performed accurately within 5 days, without fail
- Complete global and local audits successfully in a timely manner
- Drive thinking on best capital structure for the company, in the short and long terms
- Take leading role in fundraising efforts, and help prepare the company for public markets
- Streamline reporting structures to meet regulatory and counterparty reporting requirements in the US and abroad
- Develop the foundation for a world-class external reporting organization by identifying and implementing process and controls to satisfy requirements and enhance the overall control structure of the organization
- Effectively drive treasury management, payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts
- Set up effective forecasting and planning processes across the organization
- Develop and maintain monthly and annual operating budget
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; manage preparation and support of all external financial audits
- 6-8 years minimum experience as a senior Finance executive, with 15+ years of professional experience
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MBA from top business school preferred
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) knowledge required
- CFA/CPA preferred and a big plus
- High-growth startup experience preferred
- Relevant experience with multiple rounds of fundraising
- Track record of hiring, managing and scaling up teams and processes
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
- Able to thrive in a fast-growth environment
- Experience with IPO desirable
- Background in Big 4 Public Accounting preferred
- Experience with SEC and other regulatory filings
- Professional experience with cryptocurrencies strongly preferred
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $225,000 and $350,000 USD. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.