Who are we?
FalconX is one of the fastest-growing startups in FinTech. We are redefining prime brokerage from the ground up.
We are backed by some of the best investors in the world including Accel, American Express, B Capital, Coinbase, Fidelity, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Fenbushi Capital and Tiger Global Management + more yet to be publicly disclosed.
We deliver institutional digital asset traders best-in-class trading, credit, custody and structured products. We trade, lend and secure tens of billions of dollars monthly, are highly profitable, and growing fast, so we need your help!
We are data-driven. Whether it's a growth or product decision, we believe data can always help us make more precise and informed choices.
We move fast. Speed of execution is essential for any startup, but we believe this is even more pertinent in our 24/7 industry.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
FalconX has offices in San Mateo, Chicago, New York, Bangalore, Malta, and Singapore.
Who is on the team?
We are entrepreneurs. Many in our company have been founders or have aspirations to eventually start their own company. We take these ambitions and experiences to bring a solutions-oriented mindset to the problems we encounter day-to-day.
We are experienced. We have been fortunate to have learned from mentors and peers at institutions such as Google, LinkedIn, JUMP Trading, Citadel, PEAK6 Investments, Goldman Sachs, Harvard Business School, Carnegie Mellon, IIT + more.
You are a UXUI Designer Engineer who understands and is inspired by the complexities of designing delightful user experiences for the fast-moving institutional crypto markets. You love owning big interaction problems and providing the thought leadership vital to drive them toward success by collaborating hand-in-glove with product owners and engineers. You are excited to build tools, systems, and processes that help scale the team's impact and love driving clarity through effective collaboration and communication skills.
- Work closely with Design, Product, and Engineering team, project managers, and back-end engineers to deliver delightful solutions in Web UI
- Supporting UI/UX research and design and delivering innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies and collaborating with cross functional teams to take the idea to completion.
- Improving frontend workflow and tooling in collaboration with Engineering team and design system in collaboration with design team.
- Understand business needs and user pain points and work across the cross-functional teams and iterate towards incredibly intuitive and elegant user experiences for our customers and partners
- At least 3-6 years of application design and development experience
- Exposure to UI/UX fundamentals and user-centered design and experience in designing and implementing user interfaces (UIs)
- Experience in development or prototyping artifacts such as wireframes, site maps, user journeys
- Detailing the work (i.e. functional specs, annotations, user stories, etc.)
- Communication and storytelling through presentation
- Ability to collaborate with development teams to ensure design implementation meets high quality standards
- An ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- A deep desire to constantly improve, up-level your quality of work, and collaborate with a fun team along the way
- Leading a user-centered discovery phase for projects, such as running workshops and facilitating discussions with partners
- Working within lean/agile product development models
- Experience facilitating or assisting user research and user testing – and subsequently • identifying user needs, actions, behaviors and emotions through research
You’re encouraged to include a portfolio in your application. Here's a few things we're interested in if you need ideas of what to showcase!
- Portfolio samples that show deep UX thinking and sophisticated problem solving
- Dashboards for any domain in fintech.
- Tools that improve the productivity of finance professionals, developers, devops or data scientists.
- Interactive data visualizations and data tables.
- Workflow automation and data pipelines.
- Candidates who proceed to in-person interviews will be required to perform a small UX design exercise, which they will then present to the team.