Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
Our People Team strives to create a welcoming and inclusive company culture by driving the overall employee experience at Faire. We are looking for a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Lead to join our growing People Team. The ideal candidate has experience leading engaging, inclusive and data-informed DEIB programs, driving Employee Resource Groups programming, acting as a thought-partner to leaders across the business, working with demographic data, and has a high emotional intelligence.
What you’ll do
- Drive Employee Resource Group (ERG), programming and internal practices that are aligned with our overall DEIB strategy including, developing our ERG leaders, executing events, and driving business impact through our ERG community
- Support efforts to collect, analyze and report on demographic data and other DEIB success metrics
- Partner with our learning and development teams to ensure DEIB focused trainings and workshops are represented in our core offerings
- Facilitate focus groups and other employee listening mechanisms
- Partner with leaders inside and outside of the People Team to enable and empower them to achieve our DEIB aspirations
- Ensure that all programming and employee engagement initiatives are inclusive, free of bias, globally-minded, rooted in Faire’s values, business goals and our desire to serve our community
- Provide input on our DEIB roadmap with data-driven recommendations
- 4+ years of related work experience in DEIB, program management or employee experience
- Strong experience in project management with an ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Analytical capabilities with experience leveraging data to make sound business decisions
- Strong communicator with proven experience influencing and collaborating cross-functionally
- A passion for ensuring DEIB is at the forefront of Faire’s employee experience
- Superior organizational skills
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $124,000 - $170,500 per year.
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $111,500 - 153,500 per year.
Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for equity and benefits.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)