Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About the Role
If you love working at the nexus of design, engineering, and customers to bring ideas to life, product is the place for you. We are looking for an outstanding product manager who will collaborate closely with engineering, design, data science and logistics teams to drive our business forward.
What you'll do
- Lead program planning and execution to deliver successful business outcomes
- Collect customer insights, design process solutions, analyze cost/benefit, deliver solutions, and communicate results throughout the organization
- Analyze all aspects of our conversion funnel and own a roadmap to hit your goals
- Be creative and scrappy in the tests you choose to run to determine how much the company should invest in various products
- Work closely with customers and other Faire teams such as Engineering, Design, Data Science and Logistics to develop smart and creative solutions to the problems our customers face
- Determine the metrics that define success for your products and implement tracking systems/processes for these metrics
- Anticipate risks and proactively manage these risks before they become blockers
- Prioritize and make trade-off decisions balancing customer experience and business value
- Communicate your findings and recommendations to various levels of management, including our CEO and other C-suite executives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in product or business operations at a high-growth tech startup or have worked at a top-tier management consulting firm.
- You’re an inspiring leader who provides day-to-day support for the team, especially during the rollout of a new process or feature for our customers.
- You’re an extraordinarily fast learner. You have the natural curiosity and intellectual horsepower to deeply understand new topics and pick up new skills in a very short time.
- You are relentlessly resourceful. When something needs to get done, you always find a way to make it happen. Even when the work is hard, you have the drive to power through it and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- You have a passion for optimizing processes. You get satisfaction from seeing how something is being done and finding ways to make the process faster, easier, and more efficient.
- You are a creative problem-solver. You excel at identifying unintuitive solutions to tough problems.
- You are passionate. You are an optimistic with a positive energy that other people draw upon.
- You care deeply about developing products and solutions that will create the best experience for our customers.
San Francisco: the pay range for this role is $171,500 - $236,000 per year.
Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for equity and benefits.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)