Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 2 million independent retailers in North America and Europe doing more than $2 trillion in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We’re looking for a stellar growth data analyst to use data to drive growth strategies and
enhance return on investment of growth channels across Faire. This person will serve as a key
partner to Strategic Finance and Performance Marketing, owning marketing payback framework,
planning, performance marketing channel analyses, and attribution over time. Your work will
directly impact our business decisions, ranging from daily marketing investment decisions to
longer-term growth strategies. Specifically, this individual will work brand and retailer marketing
analytics on attribution, AB testing, and analyses to either uncover opportunity areas for growth
for marketing or to increase efficiency.
What you’ll do
- Be an expert on Marketing Attribution. Manage our attribution ETLs and partner across the org to ensure appropriate tracking of any new marketing initiatives.
- Conduct analysis on attribution and generate proposals on how attribution could be improved (scalars, MTA etc.)
- Own various payback & return on investment analyses for Faire's growth channels globally (Paid and Owned channels).
- Scope and conduct analyses to find useful insight for paid marketing campaigns and SEO in order to drive high value growth for Faire
- Enhance existing models and related automated reporting to measure performance of core & new campaigns
- Propose spend growth/allocation decisions based on rigorous analysis, and communicate with key external partners (F&S, Executives, Marketing Leadership)
- Drive quarterly and annual goal setting for our growth channels in partnership with Strategic Finance, Performance Marketing, Business Operations and Product
- Be a key contributor and thought partner in building measurement models for various marketing efforts including event measurement and collaborate with DS on OOH measurement.
[Analytics Reporting & Dashboarding]
- Build and monitor various strategic dashboards with the goal of driving the measurement and understanding impact of both Paid and Non-Paid growth efforts on the business.
- Develop business/technical domain expertise of one's broader team
- Contribute to strategic planning and direction of immediate team
- 3+ years of relative experience in marketing analytics, marketing data science, economics or business analytics
- Strong background in SQL, Python is a plus!
- AB Testing knowledge. Practical experience preferred
- Strong understanding of marketing attribution and standard methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written). Specifically an ability to explain complex data and possibly light statistics to non-technical folks as well as be able to persuade partners to act on your analysis.
- Ability to clearly visualize and summarize data as well as articulate the findings in a clear and structured fashion.
- Business acumen and ability to translate insights into actions for the broader marketing team. Ability to identify problem areas and analyze and propose scalable solutions.
- Independently carries out and manages projects with high-level direction from their manager or tech lead
- Advanced stats knowledge (Outside of AB testing) is definitely nice to have!
- Marketing channels knowledge (Paid, Owned channels)
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)