Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 2 million independent retailers in North America and Europe doing more than $2 trillion in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
Our dynamic Exec Support Team strives to keep things running smoothly, anticipate needs, and clear the path for our leaders and teams to do their best work. We're looking for an experienced, loyal, and highly motivated professional to partner with our Co-founder and COO. Must haves include first-hand experience with scale, a passion for making a long term impact in this role, and the desire to be a value-add team player. This is a Bay Area-based position with flexibility to work both in-office and from home.
What you’ll do
- Be a strategic partner to COO
- Deftly run a high-volume calendar across global time zones with diplomacy, discretion, and excellent judgment
- Find ways increase COO’s time
- Target inefficiencies and implement improvements
- Act as a liaison in relaying and exchanging information with leadership, employees, and external partners
- Build strong and reliable relationships with cross-functional partners
- Assemble and create all necessary materials and resources to ensure COO is prepared for upcoming meetings, presentations, projects, and events
- Complete monthly expense reports and other administrative tasks
- Help draft communications and correspondences
- Assist with recruiting efforts
- Lead, drive, and implement regular team events, offsites, and retreats
- Champion and support team culture by tracking, celebrating, and highlighting important team and employee achievements
- Contribute to initiatives and projects in addition to your core function
- Take on interim or ad hoc support for other leaders
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience supporting a C-level executive
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Superior knowledge of and experience with G Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to use emerging technology and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Incredible organizational skills; must be meticulous
- Timely and consistent responsiveness
- Outstanding ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities; bias towards action
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal office hours when necessary
- A true sense of ownership and are passionate about results
- Reliable teammate and able to coordinate with senior leaders
- Great sense of humor - even when meeting tough deadlines
- Creative problem-solver
- Bonus if you have experience working in Operations
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form.