Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting Faire’s platform accounting function, including month-end close, streamlining processes, and working cross functionally to support the expansion of new products and offerings. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager and be a key contributor to our growing accounting team.
What you’ll do
- Be part of the team responsible for the financial integrity and accurate reporting of platform related assets, liabilities, revenue, and expenses
- Prepare monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, and account analysis
- Leverage SQL to identify trends and analyze financial data discrepancies
- Identify, develop and implement scalable solutions that automate or remove manual workflows to streamline processes and improve efficiency
- Collaborate with various business owners to support operationalization of new business initiatives and related revenue streams to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- Assist with research and documentation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls
- Support external audit requirements
- Assist with ad hoc projects and analysis, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, start-up experience is a plus
- Experience analyzing large and complex datasets
- Advanced Excel skills; SQL experience a plus
- Independent, motivated, and ready to be challenged
- Ability to roll-up their sleeves to execute, prioritize tasks, and problem solve
- Not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes
- Comfortable in an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues and projects
- Ability to build relationships and work cross functionally across multiple teams
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $89,500 - $123,000 per year.
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $81,000 - $111,000 per year.
Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for equity and benefits.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)