Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 2 million independent retailers in North America and Europe doing more than $2 trillion in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
In Business Operations you will take on a variety of strategic, analytical, and operational projects to inform our people practices, programs and processes. At Faire, you’ll have the chance to lead mission-critical projects end to end -- from working on strategic planning and analysis, to presenting your recommendations to Faire’s leadership team and working cross-functionally with our Talent, People, and Communications teams.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment and leverage exceptional analytical and operational skills to inform our Talent, People, and Communications strategy. This is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative and data-driven team and play an integral role within a hyper-growth startup!
What you’ll do
- Own Talent & People analytics and reporting
- Troubleshooting data discrepancies, editing existing dashboards and analyses
- Work on a variety of analytical projects to uncover insights, solve problems and direct our People and Talent initiatives (e.g., candidate pipeline analytics, future of work, compensation, and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging)
- Create and promote data resources and training for internal clients (e.g., recruiters and hiring teams, HRBPs, etc.)
- Deliver data-driven corporate communications, translating company wide metrics and stats into newsworthy insights
- Develop and refine processes to improve how our Talent & People teams operates
- Structure complex and ambiguous strategic problems
- Enable our organization to continue to be highly metrics-focused as we scale by performing ad hoc analyses, conducting research, and building reports and KPI dashboards for real-time monitoring of performance
- Work with SQL, Greenhouse, and other Talent/People systems (previous experience with these tools preferred but not required)
- A Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 4 years of experience across consulting, investment banking, private equity, business/people operations, and/or business/people analytics with a deep passion for People & Organizational Performance
- You are highly analytical and metrics-focused -- you can execute on complex analyses, define KPIs, size opportunity areas, and measure and report on performance across the business
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (talent, sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Ability to flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job
- Resourceful and happy to roll up your sleeves to get any job done
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Knowledge of SQL strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Talent/People management systems preferred (e.g. Greenhouse)
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.