Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 2 million independent retailers in North America and Europe doing more than $2 trillion in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to join the rapidly growing Engineering department at Faire. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, Engineering, you will play a key role in a wide range of high-impact projects, improving the efficiency and productivity of the company, streamlining business initiatives, driving program management and delivering cross-functional objectives.
The key responsibilities will include taking ownership of high-impact, cross-functional programs and projects, working with key stakeholders to develop detailed project plans, identifying issues and risks, coordinating cross-team deliverables and dependencies, and tracking and communicating program and project status. This role will also lead the development and implementation of a best-in-class program management framework for tracking and reporting progress on long-term, multi-stage programs across the organization.
What you’ll do
- Lead complex, cross-functional multi-stage projects from inception to completion
- Work with Engineering, Product, Design and Data and other department leaders to develop detailed project plans and timelines
- Coordinate cross-team project execution, identifying issues and risks, coordinating deliverables and dependencies, and tracking and communicating project status to multiple stakeholders
- Contribute to annual and quarterly planning by providing inputs regarding program timelines and resource requirements to improve the quality and accuracy of the planning process
- Assist in guiding effective change management during organizational or business transformation initiatives
- Work with Engineering leadership to develop and implement a best-in-class Program Management framework that will allow the organization to scale its ability to deliver complex cross-functional projects
- 5+ years of project and program management experience in a complex SaaS-based product environment
- A strong sense of ownership, with a track record of leading the successful delivery of large-scale, cross-functional projects in support of business objectives
- Expertise in developing cross-team project plans, and demonstrated ability to identify, assess and mitigate project risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on crisp, concise and effective communication
- Technical background in software development, with the ability to understand and contribute to technical Engineering discussions, as well as appropriately identify scope and timeline risks within software development projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical individuals
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.