Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 2 million independent retailers in North America and Europe doing more than $2 trillion in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the early team for Faire Europe. As we expand into Europe, our Sales Development Team is at the forefront of Faire’s success, ensuring that the best and most relevant Brands are on our platform. In this role, you are directly contributing to the company’s success by growing our supply of quality products and ensuring that we are ready to service our next segment of neighborhood retailers in the U.K. and E.U.
We are a small team and need an agile self-starter who can ramp quickly and help us manage thousands of leads & opportunities. Faire’s goal is to be the default platform for Brands to sell their products wholesale and for retailers to source products for their store. That means there will be no shortage of opportunity to learn and grow as we continue to build the company in the coming months and years.
This job is located in London, UK. While we are currently remote due to Covid-19, we are seeking candidates who are based in London, UK OR who are willing to relocate upon our eventual return to the office (timing to be determined).
What you’ll do
- Directly contribute to our supplier growth by qualifying lead and referrals
- Prospect/identify high-value brands that are a good fit for Faire’s retailers
- Know our catalog/brand base in and out and continuously work with the Sales team to understand the latest customer needs and source gaps we need to fill
- Learn and build an understanding of our sales process and collaborate with the team to ensure we are cleaning, scoring and routing leads in the most efficient ways possible
- Manage and iterate on the top of funnel brand sales cycle, optimizing the process from the day a referral is received until the day the brand connects with an AE on a demo
- Support A/B testing on messaging and the development of marketing content to drive inbound and outbound sales
- Have room to grow through special projects and into a full-fledged sales role or other opportunities within the company
- A Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of customer-facing work experience
- Fluency in French and English (third language preferred)
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of energy, motivation, initiative, dedication and integrity
- Excellent time management and diligence to handle hundreds of leads daily
- Organized and can build robust practices that will allow us to effectively review and route thousands of leads on a weekly basis
- Meticulous, has good judgment, and can assess the quality of a brand on the platform
- Comfortable with data and can run reports that will help fine tune the accuracy of our brand scores/fit assessment
- Enjoys customer/brand facing interactions and always happy to lend a hand
- Passionate about working with small businesses -- many of whom are artists, artisans and entrepreneurs -- and helping them thrive
- Excited to join and operate in a fast-growth, high-potential environment with constant change
- Experience with Salesforce or any Sales automation system (e.g. Salesloft) is a plus
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.