Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 2 million independent retailers in North America and Europe doing more than $2 trillion in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to oversee and maintain our financial analytics platform. Faire is a highly data-driven organization and the ideal candidate for this role will be able to perform complex, mission-critical analyses to inform key business decisions and optimize our data infrastructure to ensure our financial reporting is accurate, easy-to-understand, and scalable. This role will sit in the Finance department and collaborate with team members from a breadth of functional groups within Faire, including data science, finance, business operations, product management, engineering, sales, and marketing. This role will have a tremendous impact on the ability for Faire employees to use data effectively in order to make impactful decisions while scaling. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally on some of our highest priority projects to help drive continued rapid and high-quality growth! This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment and have the opportunity to gain exposure to partnering with a variety of functions.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain data infrastructure using SQL to capture and optimize financial and operational reporting at Faire.
- Understand the scope of different business initiatives and communicate cross-functionally with accounting, data, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, business development, and product.
- Become a database guru to be able to perform complex ad-hoc analyses and provide general financial data support to other key stakeholders and drive decision making.
- Enable our organization to continue to be highly data-driven as we scale by building ETL tables, reports and KPI dashboards for real-time performance monitoring.
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses, and execute in-depth analyses to translate data into insights and make recommendations to Faire’s leadership team based on your findings.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in computer science, math or another quantitative field
- 2+ years of work experience in data analytics or business analytics
- Experience working with large data sets, building ETL tables, performing in-depth data analyses in SQL, and creating KPI reports and dashboards in business analytics tools for business partners
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- You are a team player and love to deliver outstanding results while having a fun time with your teammates!
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
Nice to have
- Experience with version control (git)
- Experience working with visualization tools (Mode, Tableau, etc.)
- Knowledge of business operations and/or metrics
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.