Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 2 million independent retailers in North America and Europe doing more than $2 trillion in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
At Faire, we’re on a mission to create a future where local retail is thriving; where independent makers and artisans can turn their passions into successful businesses; where people around the world can discover the unique shops and goods that make our communities special. As our first Head of Brand Studio at Faire, you’ll lead the way to inspire people everywhere to fall in love with our mission to empower creative entrepreneurs and fuel the shop local movement.
We’re looking for an inspirational creative leader to set the strategy, vision, and direction for where we’re going as a brand. You’ll own the overall direction for the Faire brand across our marketing and product experiences, leading a talented team of visual designers and sourcing external agency and freelance talent to craft world-class branded experiences and campaigns across web, video, email, print, events, and beyond. You’ll also work with our marketing partners to develop creative campaigns that inspire our customers, build equity in the Faire brand, and help achieve our marketing goals.
The ideal candidate will have a high bar for design quality and craft, will be an excellent collaborator, and will be an inspirational leader for the Brand Studio and the rest of the company, providing fresh perspectives on the power of brand and helping push the Faire brand forward. This role will report directly to our Head of Design and join the design leadership team at Faire.
We're looking for candidates open to working in San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, New York City, NY, Atlanta, GA, Toronto, ON, Kitchener, ON or remotely.
What you’ll do
- Ship world-class brand experiences for Faire, providing creative direction and sourcing external creative support as needed.
- Build the Brand Studio and set the vision for how brand designers partner with teams around the company to bring the Faire brand to life.
- Evolve the Faire brand and push our brand identity and overall brand system forward as we enter new markets around the globe.
- Bring our global community of independent brands and retailers together, to share their stories and celebrate the craft and creativity that these entrepreneurs bring to the world.
- 10+ years in a creative brand role, with at least 5 years leading a creative team
- Expert knowledge of brand design principles and fundamentals, including a strong design portfolio that showcases your craft and taste.
- Experience creative directing large marketing campaigns and brand initiatives (experience with international markets is a huge plus!)
- Experience hiring and directing brand designers and freelance talent across multiple disciplines, including visual designers, motion designers, illustrators, videographers, photographers, etc.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong influence and ability to articulate a brand vision that gets stakeholder buy-in & inspires teams and other leaders at the highest levels of the org.
- Systems building, and ability to know when and how to build systems to help the team operate at scale efficiently and with quality.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.