Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About this role
We are looking for a Demand Generation Manager to join our fast-growing marketing team. In this role, you’ll own the operations, success and management of our lifecycle marketing tool and program. The owner of your function, there’s so much space to build processes, organize data that improves the customer lifecycle and journey to conversion. In a given day you could be building campaigns to our customer email segments or building the logic to seamlessly communicate between Hubspot and Salesforce.
As Faire’s only Demand Generation Manger, you’ll have the opportunity to help build the data management system from the ground up. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with autonomy and prioritization, as they’ll be the resident expert on Hubspot reporting and operations. They will be excited to work cross-functionally to solve problems and collaborate closely with sales ops, business operations, and sales. The preferred location for this candidate is the San Francisco Bay Area, but this role is also open to remote work.
What you’ll do
- Own the creation, execution, and analysis of global demand gen initiatives, building go-to-market campaigns that generate high-intent brand leads from multiple channels
- Support brand lead generation channels including email, webinars, gated content, partnerships, and other programs that you think will drive interest
- Manage critical cross-functional relationships and processes, partnering with Content, Sales, Marketing Operations and Bizops to ensure teams are aligned and executing on demand gen priorities
- Create impactful customer campaigns, creating the marketing flows for our prospective B2B customers while regularly reporting on campaign success metrics.
- Demonstrate data-driven rigor and a results-oriented approach by establishing key metrics for demand gen campaigns and tracking campaign performance
- Develop deep audience understanding, getting deeply familiar with the customer journey, identifying what drives global brand growth and identifying high-impact channels
- 4+ years of marketing experience driving demand gen programs for B2B – you’ve supported or helped build a program and have experience operating at scale
- You’re a data-driven marketer who loves to measure and improve the performance of your craft – you’ve been in highly analytical roles; knowledge of Salesforce & SQL highly preferred
- You’ve worked with different B2B growth channels— you’ve helped support content strategy, email outreach, paid channels and new channel testing
- You’re a kind, versatile communicator — you’re happy and able to get technical with your Hubspot representative, and explain system processes at a high-level to your cross-functional partners
- You’re passionate about serving our community – you believe in retail and Faire’s mission to help local retail succeed
- You can multitask in a high volume, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environments without sacrificing attention to detail
- You’re Execution-oriented mindset, a passion for results, and the ability to move quickly
- Ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional partners
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with email tools like Hubspot, Marketo, Iterable, etc..
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.