at Faire (View all jobs)
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About the Role
We are looking for our first dedicated SEO channel manager to join the Growth Marketing team and help Faire maximize global organic new user growth across both sides of our marketplace. You will sit at the cross-section of Product and Growth Marketing, collaborating closely with Product Management, Marketing, Engineering and Design to help set the SEO roadmap and drive execution.
What you'll do
- Set & Own SEO operating rhythm. Build & own Faire's "SEO operating machine" including site audits, SEO metric (e.g., indexation, SERP rankings, impressions, clicks) monitoring, performance analyses and report-outs, with a goal of driving quality SEO clicks and new users
- Partner with Product to optimize our site structure and page content for SEO. Provide guidance on linking, meta-tags, on-page content and other relevant factors to improve SEO performance. Participate in scoping, design and execution of product-led SEO experiments / projects at high velocity to drive learnings. Help drive implementation when needed.
- Conduct keyword, competitive research and site audits to identify high ROI opportunities and recommend next steps
- Be a thought leader / SEO ambassador at Faire. Stay on top of key trends and best practices in SEO. Collaborate with Growth PM to advise cross-functional partners on SEO best practices and to drive creation of documentation / processes related to SEO
- Collaborate with Growth PM to create a robust SEO strategy. Help create a roadmap of prioritized near-term and longer-term product-led SEO initiatives to optimize new user acquisition at scale
- Collaborate with content marketing and communications on setting & executing a content / PR strategy that drives new user growth while reinforcing Faire's branding. Advise on how to optimize each content to maximize SEO potential.
- Own SEO 3P tool usage & vendor relationships to supplement in-house efforts (e.g., SEMRush, Google Search Console, Oncrawl, Agency)
- You have 3-5 years of experience in product-led SEO. You have worked directly with product teams to build SEO campaigns.
- You have a solid understanding of scalable SEO growth levers including site structure, link-building, meta-data and on-page content optimization.
- You have a strong grasp of SEO metrics and tools. You're able to identify which SEO KPIs matter most for Faire and know how to effectively use SEO tools (e.g., Search Console, SEMRush, Oncrawl)
- You are a structured thinker with a strong intuition on priorities & trade-offs
- You are a data-driven decision maker. You strive to quantify results and apply learnings
- You are scrappy and resourceful. You’re able to come up with creative ways to achieve SEO needs given resources at hand. You can generate and rank-order multiple potential solutions.
- You communicate clearly. You’re able to influence cross-functional stakeholders with various levels of familiarity with SEO to help drive SEO projects
- You are a team player. You have worked with cross-functional partners across product management, engineering, design, marketing, data, etc. You aim for what's best for Faire & Faire's customers. You can empathize with stakeholders on their vision while ensuring SEO needs are achieved.
- You have knowledge of SEO content research, creation, and optimization
- Nice to haves:
- Experience with SEO for a marketplace / eCommerce site
- Experience with international SEO
- Ability to code
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.