Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favourite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About this role
We’re looking for a Manager of Customer Support who will help drive forward the strategy, the vision and help us build a world-class customer support team in Europe. Faire is only successful because of its customers, and we need someone who can bridge customer delight through teams with technology. As a Manager of Customer Experience, you will manage a team of front-line managers and senior customer advocates to ensure we can continue to delight the customer in a consistent and scalable manner, build a high performing team and steer how we strategically best serve the customers when they need us most. The position will report into the Head of Customer Experience and work closely with other functional leaders to ensure we are building the best experience for Faire’s customers.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and build a customer centric, motivated and high performing support team
- Instill a customer-centric focus and going above and beyond for customers approach in teams and individuals
- Develop operating processes to drive alignment with other CX teams and CX leadership
- Manage a team of front line managers and individual contributors to achieve key business metrics
- Coach and mentor front line managers and enable growth opportunities for leaders + individuals
- Establish the goals and objectives for front-line teams
- Drive continuous improvement in how Faire serves customers through human interactions and/or technology
- Empower team to surface issues to help Faire build better products
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (e.g., product, engineering and design) to iterate on internal tooling
- 4+ years of experience in operations or customer support
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams and leaders at all levels
- Previous experience directly managing managers, supervisors or team leads
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure and deliver results
- Ability to use data to inform key decision making and monitor team performance
- Ability to balance competing priorities with proven record of delivering results
- Experience within a fast-paced environment
- Relevant support experience at marketplaces
- Proficient with SQL, Excel
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.