Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
Faire is revolutionizing wholesale and helping local retailers and their suppliers succeed in a technology-enabled era. As the founder of the International Accounting Team, you will play an integral role in laying the accounting foundation for a multi-billion dollar company. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment.
- Prepare, manage, and oversee day-to-day International operations and perform reviews to ensure compliance with US GAAP, external audits, and internal controls
- Be responsible for ensuring that international subsidiaries submit all US GAAP reporting requirements to the US Corporate office in a timely manner
- Ensure that each international subsidiary can meet their statutory reporting compliance requirements and the respective accounting flows and documentation
- Collaborate across functions and sites to harmonize requirements and solutions including addressing where there are gaps in reporting in order to ensure compliance with local taxing authorities, including VAT and other country specific requirements
- Build and manage Accounting teams spread out around the world in different time zones, culture, and dynamic requirements
- Perform reviews to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP to ensure we are ready for our annual external audits
- Document financial processes, accounting policies and standard operating procedures
- Key decision maker on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures
- Play a key role on the Netherlands (International) leadership team
- 10+ years of professional experience in various accounting roles working in supporting international regions in particular for a US parent company, implementing international accounting standards and reporting
- 5+ years experience in managing and developing staff
- Qualified accountant ; CPA or equivalent required
- Strong analytical skills; including proven ability to independently analyze transactions and familiarity with SQL
- Ability to quickly absorb new concepts and ideas - including operational model and statutory or local-specific needs
- Familiarity with ERP systems such as Netsuite multi-currency entities
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and drive decisive actions on process improvements
- A team player and commitment to deliver outstanding results while having a fun time with your teammates doing it!
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.