Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We are rapidly growing our sales and success teams and are in need of an exceptional Business Systems Manager to help us uplevel and scale the systems and tools that support our go to market teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the team that builds out the tech stack and workflows that our front line reps - both domestically and abroad - use to manage their pipelines and drive deal flow. Tools you will support include but are not limited to Salesforce, Salesloft, Linkedin, Zoominfo and more. As manager of the systems team, you will oversee the systems roadmap, prioritize the key initiatives, scope out the major work including the technical requirements and partner with the team members to implement, document, and roll out changes to the team. Lastly, you will be responsible for owning the systems contracts and renewals as well as ensuring the team is getting most out of the tools capabilities.
You will also be responsible for designing out the systems team based on business needs and priorities, hiring for key roles, and managing and supporting the growth and development of the team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to wear many hats - from team manager to systems architect to contract negotiator to QA analyst. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves, sit with sales reps to understand workflows and pain points, come to the table with recommendations and solutions and help the team build and architect as needed. This role is for you if you have deep empathy and passion for sales and are motivated by finding ways to make their workflows more efficient by giving them the tools and data they need to be successful.
- Manage the Sales Systems & Tools team including designing ideal org structure to support business needs, managing career growth and professional development of reports, and hiring for key roles
- Build and prioritize the sales system roadmap including driving quarterly and weekly sprint planning
- Scope out bigger, complex systems builds including developing the business case, drafting up user stories and detailing out technical requirements
- Manage relationships with current vendors and oversee contracts
- Diligence and identify new tools and systems to support key sales needs
- Ensure tech stack is operating efficiently and integrations are functioning properly
- Partner with sales leadership to ensure the systems support the ideal workflows and data needs for each team and business unit
- 2+ years in management role overseeing systems, IT, engineers or other technical roles
- 3+ years experience with Salesforce (ideally experience as a solutions architect or developer)
- 5+ years experience in systems or platform engineering with at least 3 years supporting sales team
- Ideally experience with other sales tools including Hubspot, Salesloft, Zoominfo, Linkedin
- Deep empathy for what it means to be in a customer-facing role
- Strong process thinker and can communicate easily across sales and technical teams
- Ability to thrive in the unknown; agility, flexibility, and capacity to balance multiple priorities at once
- Analytical and data driven - can define critical metrics and measure progress/success for your roadmap
- Excited to join and can operate in a fast-growth, high-potential environment
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.