Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We are looking for a Talent Development Coordinator to join our growing People team, which drives the overall employee experience at Faire. This role will support the rollout and day-to-day management of Faire’s performance management and leadership development programs. The individual will be on a two-person team responsible for designing programs with company-wide impact. They’ll need to build strong relationships across the company - ranging from an Engineer in Waterloo, Canada or a Customer Support associate in Salt Lake City, be a clear and crisp communicator who can draft a team announcement or write a how-to guide on giving feedback, and operate with speed without sacrificing rigor.
What you’ll do
- Program manage and help evolve our performance management process
- Support curriculum scoping/development and manage Leadership Development programs for individual contributors and new managers
- Research external trends and market data to inform and innovate Faire’s Talent Development strategy
- Partner with Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion team to recognize and reduce bias and increase fairness and transparency across our People programs
- Help launch and support career programs including career pathing, internal mobility, and mentorship/networking
- 2+ years of Learning, Leadership Development, Performance Management experience or in another HR function with a Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas simply and clearly
- Consistent track record supporting projects end-to-end with multiple stakeholders that require robust change management and communication
- Capability to engage and influence top management decisions and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and credibility to accurately anticipate the impact of business events on leadership development needs
- Highly flexible, self-directed, and adapts well to change and accelerated timelines
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.