Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful, and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
Faire’s Risk team is seeking a highly strategic, operational, and experienced Credit Manager to develop, manage, and scale our underwriting team, product, and processes.
- Manage, develop, and grow a team of underwriting analysts
- Employ a data-driven approach to identifying opportunity areas, testing hypotheses, making recommendations, and executing on initiatives that enhance our underwriting operations and strategy
- Work cross-functionally with teams such as Data Science, Engineering, and Product to enhance our underwriting strategy, processes, and product offerings
- Monitor and manage Faire’s credit exposure via evaluating creditworthiness of businesses and coaching/guiding your team to do the same
- Verify small businesses (retailers) using social media, geolocation data, or by requesting additional information from them as necessary
- Develop frameworks, policies and procedures to enhance and scale our underwriting operations
- Determine and report on key performance metrics
- Work with Sales and Support teams to streamline communication, improve efficiencies, and provide a world-class customer experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience across operational roles with experience in underwriting or credit roles at a high-growth tech company and/or consulting, investment banking, or private equity experience
- Strong foundational knowledge of finance, credit, underwriting, payments
- Previous experience directly managing and hiring people
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and financial evaluation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with customers in a clear and concise manner, primarily via email and phone
- Strong customer focus and the ability to balance Risk mitigation alongside a positive customer experience; demonstrated ability in conflict-resolution
- Ability to work with others in a closely collaborative team environment
- Passionate, relentless resourcefulness and the ability to thrive at a fast-paced startup -- you’re willing to do what needs to be done for the success of your team and you are comfortable with change
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.