Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
As our first international marketing hire, the Field Marketing Manager, UK will take Faire’s global product and marketing strategy, and uniquely tailor it to the needs of our European customers in key countries. You will partner closely with product, marketing, and sales to localize the Faire experience in Europe, to build community on-the ground through events and localized marketing tactics, and streamline our international marketing operations to help us serve our European community in authentic and relevant ways.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience managing local marketing programs and is comfortable working independently and across time zones with international teams. If you’re passionate about local retail and want to help it prosper in Europe, we encourage you to apply!
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement a localized marketing + events strategy for European countries: Partner closely with our Country Lead, sales, product, and marketing teams to translate Faire’s global strategy into a market-level approach, and execute all marketing activities on-the-ground (i.e. events, webinars, in-person marketing activations)
- Oversee the translations process for all marketing collateral: Collaborate with internal teams and an agency to efficiently produce high-quality translations, and work to scale our translations to all marketing surfaces
- Help define Faire’s value props in key markets: Identify what makes Faire successful and unique in key countries, and bring that story to life through localized messaging, content, collateral, and events
- Act as the industry and market specialist for key European countries: Identify competitor, market, and industry insights that inform our local and regional marketing strategy and strengthen our understanding of key countries in Europe
- 5+ years of experience in a field or local marketing role, preferably in or focused on France, Germany, Spain, or Italy
- You’re an excellent communicator: You love to write, and have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- You’re comfortable in fluid, independent environments — as the first marketer outside of the US, you’ll need to be comfortable operating independently with little oversight
- You have experience with translations and localization: You’re comfortable handling a process that translates a high volume of content to multiple languages on a tight timeline
- You're detail-oriented: Whether proofreading a marketing email, perfecting an event run-of-show, or triple-checking translations, you sweat the details to ensure we deliver a high-quality experience for our customers
- You’re passionate about local retail: You have a strong customer intuition and desire to help the local retail community prosper in Europe!
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 200,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.