Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are millions of independent retailers around the world doing trillions of dollars in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. Our Customer Support Team loves helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams. We work directly with our brand and retailer partners to manage everyday experiences and ultimately, make their businesses successful!
About this role
We’re looking for a Customer Experience Lead who will help drive forward our strategy and vision, by managing a world-class customer support team. Faire is only successful because of its customers, and we need someone who can bridge customer delight through teams with technology. As a Customer Experience Lead, you will manage a team of high performing, front-line customer support specialists to ensure we can continue advocating for the customer in a consistent and delightful manner. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the founding team for Faire Europe in our London office. You will be directly shaping the way we think about and provide support to our European customers, as well as the foundation for an incredible team culture. The position will report into the Customer Experience Manager in Europe and work closely with other functional leaders to ensure we are building the best experience for Faire’s customers.
This job is located in London. While we are currently remote due to Covid-19, we are seeking candidates who are based in London or who are willing to relocate upon our eventual return to the office (timing to be determined).
In this role, you will:
- Lead a customer-centric, motivated and high performing support team
- Foster a strong team culture, focused around customer-centricity and going above and beyond
- Align with CX leadership around operating processes and team performance
- Manage the day to day operations of a front line support team, including scheduling, training, 1:1’s, knowledge management, etc.
- Build accountability by setting clear goals and objectives to achieve key individual and team performance metrics
- Coach and mentor individuals on your team to enable growth opportunities
- Empower your team to surface issues that help Faire build better products
- Collaborate with other CX leads and cross-functional partners (e.g., product, engineering and design) to iterate on internal tooling
- 2+ years of prior people management experience in operations, sales or customer support
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals and teams
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure and deliver results
- Ability to use data to inform key decision making and monitor individual and team performance
- Ability to balance competing priorities with proven record of delivering results
- Experience within a fast-paced environment
- Relevant support experience at marketplaces
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, London, and Amsterdam. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.