Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are millions of independent retailers around the world doing trillions of dollars in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. Our Customer Support Team loves helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams. We work directly with our brand and retailer partners to manage everyday experiences and ultimately, make their businesses successful!
About this role
Our Customer Support Team is instrumental to the success of Faire and our customers. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the founding team for Faire Europe. You will be directly shaping the way we think about and provide support to our European customers, as well as the foundation for an incredible team culture.
As we grow the team, we will need a self-starter who can ramp quickly and manage a high-volume of customer inquiries. Not only will you be assisting our customers via email, you’ll also help us build country-specific resources (internal and customer-facing), and work closely with our product development and operations teams to surface issues or advise on feature requests and updates. You speak German natively, or are professionally fluent. You communicate in a friendly and empathetic way. You are a pro at prioritizing. You are hungry & proactive. Above all, you will be critical during this foundational stage of the company, and instrumental in creating a lasting, positive impression for both our retailer and brand partners.
This job is located in London. While we are currently remote due to Covid-19, we are seeking candidates who are based in London or who are willing to relocate upon our eventual return to the office (timing to be determined).
What you'll do
- Make it your mission to foster exceptional customer experiences across the marketplace
- Serve as the front line, go-to resource for customer questions and platform issues
- Support our brand partners with seamless order processing and fulfillment
- Support our retailer partners with successful product curation for their store locations
- Stay on top of internal policies and Faire product offerings in a rapidly changing environment
- Take ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, and escalate when necessary
- Work cross-functionally with with our product and operations teams to surface issues and advise on product features/updates
- Build international-specific resources, such as macros, help center articles, FAQs, etc
- Understand business metrics to measure your personal and team contribution to Faire’s mission
- 2-4 years of Customer Support, Sales, or related experience
- Open to working a weekend shift (e.g. Tuesday - Saturday), and/or during “off-peak” hours if needed
- Flexible with working schedule to accommodate business needs during peak season (e.g. some overtime or occasional holidays)
- Fluency in English and German (additional languages preferred)
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as we currently support through a variety of mediums including (but not limited to) phone, email, and chat
- Empathetic and understanding to our customers’ unique experiences. You must be passionate about delighting our customers every single day!
- Ruthlessly organized, disciplined, and comfortable managing competing priorities with care
- Confident adapting to rapid change in a metrics-based and performance-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task; this role will involve navigating and diagnosing website experiences while maintaining focus on the customer and their immediate needs
- Ability to quickly pick up a variety of software applications with ease. Experience with Zendesk or multi-line phone systems would be a bonus!
Why you’ll love working at Faire:
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.