Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We’re looking for our first International Operations Manager to help lead a team of world-class International Operations Specialists and drive critical initiatives across Marketplace Operations functions in Europe. You will be instrumental in building out the team and contributing to the company’s success by growing our supply of quality brands. We are in need of a strong Manager who can ramp quickly, drive the operational strategy and execution needed to improve our ability to onboard and service European brands at scale.
You will help strengthen the foundation of how the team operates globally, communicates and drives impact to our European Brand Sales, Success and Product teams. We expect you to own onboarding and content performance metrics and be responsible for delivering against our company growth commitments. You will support a variety of functions - spanning across brand onboarding, business process outsourcing (BPO) management, content management, marketplace quality, and more. These functions will support Faire’s growing footprint across various European languages and beyond.
This job is located in London. While we are currently remote due to COVID-19, we are seeking candidates who are based in London or who are willing to relocate upon our eventual return to the office (timing to be determined).
What you’ll do
- Manage goals, operational cadence, and professional development for a team of International Operations Specialists, creating a psychologically safe, collaborative, and collegiate environment
- Attract, hire, and grow a team of best-in-class International Operations hires
- Play a key role in the founding of Faire Europe and the expansion of Marketplace Operations
- Make it your mission to manage an exceptional experience for our European brands from onboarding to their first order to ensure they are set up for long term success on our platform
- Synthesize the regional voice of the customer to provide input to help size blockers and prioritize product development
- Work with cross-functional teams and Ops management to improve processes, surface challenges, and address pain points hindering your team’s success
- Develop clear feedback mechanisms between local Sales, Business Operations and Success teams to ensure we are building scalable solutions and helping brands achieve success
- Proactively monitor brand pipeline health to identify opportunities to improve team outcomes and ensure that the team meets activation targets and quality objectives
- Help define and implement policies at onboarding to incentivize right behaviors and discourage platform abuse
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in operations or marketplace companies, management consulting - including 1-2 years of management experience
- Experience leading and driving cross-functional strategies with cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives
- Experience working with global counterparts to deliver on org-and-company level goals, driving adoption of tools and processes and surfacing regional insights to drive innovation
- You are detailed-oriented and can help us define and maintain a high-quality bar on Faire
- You are data-driven, capable of setting metrics and monitoring progress against team objectives
- You are a team player and are resilient in the face of challenges, ambiguity, change
- Ability to balance competing priorities with proven record of delivering results
Nice to have
- Experience managing business process outsourcing (BPO) relationships
- Experience within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in dual-sided marketplace and/or high-growth startups
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.