Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
Faire’s Marketplace Operations team is seeking a highly motivated International Operations Specialist who can manage the onboarding and marketplace experience of Faire’s German brands. As an early member for Faire Europe, you will be instrumental in building and contributing to the company’s success by growing our supply of quality products in close partnership with our European Sales and Success teams. In this role, you will focus on managing the day-to-day operations, streamlining catalog and compliance management initiatives and improving the onboarding experience to help scale our global solution. Above all, you will be critical during this foundational stage of the company, and instrumental in making Faire the de-facto platform for German Brands.
This job is located in London. While we are currently remote due to COVID-19, we are seeking candidates who are based in London or who are willing to relocate upon our eventual return to the office (timing to be determined).
What you’ll do
- Make it your mission to create an exceptional experience for our German brands from onboarding to on platform to ensure they are set up for long-term success.
- Serve as the go-to resource for brand onboarding, content and compliance needs for our internal German team members.
- Manage content requests including but not limited to catalog quality checks and bulk data entry against established Service Level Agreements.
- Communicate customer requests, account priorities, and product feature rollouts to Faire’s European Business Process Outsourcing Partner to ensure brands have a higher quality experience.
- Partner with International Sales and Success stakeholders to help project manage against customer implementation plans and ensure the successful transition of accounts.
- Coordinate integration support requests, working with internal stakeholders as needed in partnership with our U.S. Based Integrations team.
- Monitor German brand compliance on the platform and handle any issues related to platform abuse in partnership with our U.S. based Trust & Safety team.
- Help advocate customer use-cases, proactively identify customer product needs and review and write customer-facing enablement materials in German (and potentially other European Languages).
- Work cross-functionally to develop and streamline workflows to increase scalability and efficiency to better service our International brands.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of Customer Service, Operations, or Account Management experience
- Fluency in German and English (third language preferred)
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and persuasion skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with customers in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work with others in a closely collaborative team environment, and with remote-based teams
- Passionate, relentless resourcefulness and the ability to thrive at a fast-paced startup -- you’re willing to do what needs to be done for the success of your team and you are comfortable with change
- Past experience working in a rapidly scaling organization and going from a single-site model to a global or distributed model
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.