Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the early team for Faire Europe. As we expand into Europe, our Brand Success Team is at the forefront of Faire’s success, ensuring that the best and most relevant Brands are succeeding on our platform. In this role, you are directly contributing to the company’s success by ensuring that we optimally service our Brands and the next segment of neighborhood retailers in the U.K. and E.U.
We are looking for a results-oriented sales and account management professional to work with a portfolio of European-based brands. You speak French natively or are professionally fluent. You will be responsible for working with your book of business and hitting sales goals which would include, but are not limited to, ensuring they are utilizing Faire’s tools, upselling them onto new products and features we are launching, and handling their day-to-day success on Faire.
What you’ll do
- Develop relationships and find ways for clients’ goals to align with company goals
- Drive product adoption and engagement amongst your book of business
- Find opportunities and ways for brands to grow the brand’s client base in both the US and Europe, driving revenue on the platform
- Communicate changes, updates, and product roadmaps to your accounts
- Supervise compliance and handle any issues related to platform abuse
- Synthesize and measure feedback and ideas brought to you from your accounts
- Collaborate cross-functionally to make brands successful (Design, Marketing, Customer Support, Product etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience either in sales/account management/business development
- Fluency in French and English (third language preferred)
- Passionate about building relationships, particularly with small businesses
- Enjoys sales and comfortable operating in a quota-based role
- Cares about our customers and making them successful
- Analytical and data driven -- can define critical metrics and measure progress/success for initiatives
- Excited to join the early Europe team and can operate in a fast-growth, high-potential environment with constant change
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.