About this role
We’re looking for a Director of Marketplace Success Operations to set the vision, define the strategy and build a world-class strategy and operations team. The Director of Marketplace Success will be responsible for defining and executing a comprehensive strategy for marketplace quality at Faire. The quality of the marketplace and the success of brands continues to be a top priority for Faire as we scale dramatically. You’ll establish our foundational understanding of what drives quality and set the strategic framework and operational standards for how we manage, monitor and evaluate brand performance on the platform. You will define brand segments, understand brand performance, and design programs that will help us incentivize brand success. You will work closely with other functional leaders to ensure we are building a scalable, high quality marketplace for our brands and retailers, alike.
In this role, you will:
- Establish the vision and strategy for Marketplace Success Operations to support the evolving need and scale of Faire’s dual-sided marketplace
- Drive cross-functional initiatives and strategy with key stakeholders to ensure success of joint company goals, for example establishing minimum quality thresholds for our brands
- Develop clear feedback mechanisms between ops and data science/product teams to ensure we are building scalable solutions for marketplace success operations
- Define function specific key performance indicators and manage team in a thoughtful manner to deliver results and meet goals
- Lead and build a world class marketplace success operations team
- 10+ years of experience across operational roles at marketplace companies, with some background in consulting, finance, business operations or strategy preferred but not required
- Ability to build and scale operations teams
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams and leaders at all levels
- Experience leading and driving cross-functional strategies with data science, product, engineering, sales, brand management, and business operations teams to achieve business objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure and deliver results
- Ability to use data to inform key decision making and strategic direction sound business judgment to run process improvement tests
- Ability to balance competing priorities with proven record of delivering results
- Experience in dual-sided marketplace and/or high-growth companies
- Experience within a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing business process outsourcing (BPO) relationships
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.