Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 150,000 local retailers and 15,000 brands around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About the Role
We are looking for a world-class Growth Marketing leader to own and scale global paid acquisition, SEO and Retailer CRM/Lifecycle Marketing.
What you’ll do
- Own and scale global paid media (managed internally) for both sides of the marketplace (retailers and brands) to $xxxM annually while maintaining target (incremental) payback
- Own and drive Faire’s global SEO strategy, roadmap and KPIs with an emphasis on scalable, product-led tactics
- Partner with our product development organization to build, scale and operate our retailer CRM/lifecycle marketing program across messaging surfaces (email, push, in-product/app)
- Enable the team for success through strong people management and clear communication of marketing KPIs and company goals
- Hire, train, and lead a world class team across all function
- 10+ years experience with deep expertise in paid user acquisition (esp search and social), product-led SEO, and programmatic lifecycle marketing -- experience in consumer/marketplace/ecommerce and scaling internationally is a plus
- Significant impact in fast growing company leading a critical, complex marketing function
- Hands on leader who has hired a world-class team and cares about mentorship and development
- Excited and authentically motivated by Faire’s mission
- Genuine, empathetic, humble, and kind team player and cross-functional collaborator with experience working closely with engineering, product, design and data science
- Insatiable curiosity and pragmatic thinker; direct communicator
- Operationally-focused and execution-oriented; uses insights and data to inform decisions
- Capable of operating in ambiguity
- Relentlessly resourceful and enjoys rolling up sleeves and solving hard problems
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.