Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
Faire's quality, depth and breadth of Brands is its strongest value to Retailers. Our Brand Partnerships Team is at the forefront of our success, ensuring that the best and most relevant Brands are on our platform. In this role, you are directly contributing to the company’s success by managing our North American Sales Development team (across Atlanta and SF) tasked with growing our expanding universe of brands.
We are a growing team and are in need of a Head of Sales Development who can ramp quickly, motivate the team to achieve their goals, and evolve our processes. You are comfortable wearing multiple hats and working cross functionally. You communicate candidly - to executives, peers, and direct reports. You are a pro at prioritizing. You lead with empathy and care about your team’s personal growth. You are looking around corners and for the next big idea. Above all, you will be critical during this foundational stage of the company, and instrumental in making Faire the de-facto platform for Brands to distribute their products and for independent Retailers to source amazing products for their stores.
This job is located in San Francisco. While we are currently remote due to Covid-19, we are seeking candidates who are based in the San Francisco area OR who are willing to relocate upon our eventual return to the office (timing to be determined).
What you’ll do
- Manage the goals, roles and responsibilities, operational cadence, and professional development for the North American Sales Development team leads and SDRs across our San Francisco and Atlanta offices
- Attract, hire, and develop an organization of best-in-class SDRs and SDR team leads
- Partner closely with our marketing organization to optimize our end-to-end brand lifecycle
- Partner closely with sales operations to build and maintain best-in-class tech stack and reporting
- Support SDR team leads to overachieve their team goals by providing coaching, feedback, and development
- Support SDRs by shadowing/reviewing cold calls and providing feedback on how to improve efficiency and effectiveness of calls and email cadences
- Track, analyze, and communicate key sales development metrics and trends (sales qualified leads, sales accepted leads, demos set, etc), tracking the results and reporting to senior management
- Identify and make recommendations to improve SDR processes and productivity
- You have 6+ years of experience in tech sales/account management/business development/consulting, including 2+ years of management
- You have a proven track record of managing and scaling teams of SDR’s/BDR’s
- You enjoy managing teams and are invested in individuals’ growth
- You enjoy sales and are comfortable operating in a quota-based role
- You care about our customers and making them successful
- You are analytical and data driven -- you can define critical metrics and measure progress/success for your initiatives
- You are excited to join and can operate in a fast-growth, high-potential environment
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 200,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.