Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
Faire's quality, depth, and breadth of brands are its strongest value to retailers. Our Brand Success team’s mission is to help our brands grow their wholesale businesses on Faire, by using all of Faire’s tools and optimizing their presence on Faire’s marketplace. Our Brand Success team is at the forefront of our growth as a company, enabling our brands to drive more and more of their wholesale business through Faire.
We are rapidly growing our team of Brand Success Managers (BSMs - Account Managers) and are in need of an exceptional Success Enablement Lead to own the enablement of our BSMs. Our BSMs are responsible for driving the success and growth of our brands on Faire. You are responsible for ensuring our BSMs are enabled to be successful with their brands - via driving ongoing role-based enablement (ex. content, training, change management), coaching, onboarding, and performance analysis and improvement.
The Success Enablement Lead is a critical partner to our BSMs and the Brand Success leadership team - contributing to strategy and execution to drive brand adoption, health, growth, and retention with Faire via productive and effective BSMs. The success of this role is measured in the rep efficiency and the team’s overall KPI achievement, meaning it is highly valued and visible to the leadership team.
For those passionate about helping teams learn in a fun, dynamic way and driving employee productivity, this role is for you. A day in the life of this role is rarely the same - from training new hires to investigating process optimization to creating content for scale to assessing performance gaps and developing custom remedies to ensuring every BSM is successful with their customers.
You are a clear and energizing communicator - with customers, leaders, individual contributors. You have direct customer-facing experience and can empathize with customer-facing roles. You are able to work independently in a very fast-paced environment, while managing multiple partners. You’re passionate about modern learning. Above all, you will be crucial during this foundational stage of the company, and instrumental in making Faire the de-facto platform for brands to sell their products and for independent retailers to source amazing products for their stores.
What you’ll do
- Act as the primary enablement business partner to the BSM leadership team - partner closely with the Sales Enablement Lead
- Drive the role-based enablement strategy & programming for our BSMs - both onboarding and ongoing learning & development. Identify skill areas to cover, partnering and negotiating with external vendors as needed, identifying internal talent to lead, owning follow-up/feedback to continuously improve, etc.
- Be responsible for centralizing, organizing and updating all relevant documentation & content for the Success team (ex. internal knowledge base, sales motion, pitch decks, 1 pagers, email cadences, kick-offs, team meeting docs, case studies, etc.)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and leaders to build content and deliver upon global training initiatives, including but not limited to: success leadership, product marketing, sales operations, product management, sales enablement, business operations, etc.
- Create dynamic, pragmatic training content, both live and on-demand - facilitate and deliver training (in small and large formats) as needed
- Be an ambassador of coaching culture by involving front line managers in the design and implementation of training programs
- Be an active contributor to the overall enablement strategy by providing ongoing insights from the field on performance metrics and continually assessing gaps
- Have passion and a point of view for measuring the impact of enablement programs
- 4+ years experience in a customer success, sales, or account management role, preferably in an enablement capacity
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing role
- Care deeply about our customers/teams and making them successful
- Knowledge and experienced in success motions and/or sales processes
- Deep empathy for what it means to be in a customer-facing role
- Ability to thrive in the unknown; agility, flexibility, and capacity to balance multiple priorities at once
- Analytical and data driven - can define critical metrics and measure progress/success for your initiatives
- Passionate about modern approaches to learning. Experience with virtual training, micro learning, personalized learning journeys, learning reinforcement are a major plus.
- Excited to join and can operate in a fast-growth, high-potential environment
- Prior experience with Salesforce, Salesloft, Truly, and Gong is a plus
- Prior experience coaching is a plus
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 200,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.