Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are millions of independent retailers around the world doing trillions of dollars in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About this role
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the early team for Faire Europe. In this role, you are directly contributing to the company’s success by managing the team responsible for growing our supply of quality brands and ensuring that we are becoming the leading destination for retailers in Europe.
We are a fast growing and fast moving team and are in need of a strong sales manager who will ramp quickly and own the achievement of your team’s quota. You will be the one of the first sales managers in Europe - building the team and setting the tone for our culture as we grow.
We are looking for a leader with a commitment to their team’s individual and collective success who is passionate about small businesses. This role is for you if you love team building, connecting with inspiring customers, communicating candidly, using data to continuously exceed expectations, and learning every day in a scrappy start-up environment.
You are a pro at prioritizing. You are hungry & proactive. Above all, you will be critical during this foundational stage of the company, and instrumental in making Faire the de-facto platform for Brands to distribute their products and for independent Retailers to source amazing products for their stores.
This job is located in London. While we are currently remote due to Covid-19, we are seeking candidates who are based in London or who are willing to relocate upon our eventual return to the office (timing to be determined).
What you’ll do
- Play a key role in the founding of Faire Europe
- Lead and manage goals, roles and responsibilities, operational cadence, and professional development for a team of Account Executives
- Coach your team and support their professional development and engagement (measured by both sales metrics and employee feedback)
- Create a psychologically safe, motivating and energizing team culture
- Attract, hire, and retain a best-in-class sales team and evolve the organizational structure as needed based on business needs
- Help refining and customizing our go-to-market strategy and positioning across Europe
- Work with cross-functional teams and management to improve processes, surface challenges, and address pain points hindering your team’s success
- Synthesize the voice of the customer to provide input to help size blockers and prioritize product development
- Use data, graphs and reports to truth seek and drive action to beat goals
- Be relentlessly resourceful, scrappy and act with urgency to ensure success
- You have 6+ years of experience in tech sales/account management/business development/consulting including 2-4 years of management experience
- You have a passion for building successful and engaged teams with a track record of hiring, coaching and exceeding sales goals
- You create an environment where people are encouraged to share information, constructively debate, and communicate freely
- You are excellent at listening and at communicating ideas clearly and succinctly both in verbal and written form
- You have expertise in creating rigor around sales metrics and managing yourself and others to drive those metrics
- You have experience using a variety of fundamental sales and data tools (e.g. Salesforce, data visualization software, call recording tools)
- You are not afraid to get into the weeds to support direct reports in customer meetings and you love to build relationships, especially with entrepreneurs and small businesses
- You are analytical and data driven -- you can define KPIs and measure progress/success for your initiatives
- You are fluent in English and at least 1 other language of French, German, Italian, Spanish (third language preferred)
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, and London. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.