Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About the role
We are looking for a results-oriented Marketplace Operations Specialist who can manage the onboarding and content experience of Faire’s International brands. You will be critical during this foundational stage of our team, and instrumental in improving the overall platform experience for our European brands as we scale our global solution. In this role, you will focus on improving the onboarding experience, managing the day-to-day operations, and streamlining catalog management initiatives. You will be directly contributing to the company’s success by growing our supply of quality products and will partner closely with our International Sales and Success Managers to help scale the International Faire customer solution.
What you'll do
- Make it your mission to create an exceptional experience for our International brands from onboarding to ensure they are set up for long-term success on our platform.
- Serve as the go-to resource for brand onboarding and content needs for our internal International team members.
- Clean up and optimize brand pages prior to activating to improve the quality of their shop, photos, product descriptions, tagging, and product names.
- Manage content requests including but not limited to catalog quality checks and bulk data entry against established Service Level Agreements.
- Partner with International Sales and Success stakeholders to help project manage against customer implementation plans and ensure the successful transition of accounts.
- Communicate customer requests, account priorities, and product feature rollouts to Faire’s European Business Process Outsourcing Partner to ensure brands have a higher quality experience.
- Monitor International brand compliance on the platform and handle any issues related to platform abuse.
- Help advocate customer use-cases, proactively identify customer product needs and review and write customer-facing enablement materials.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and streamline workflows to increase scalability and efficiency to better service our International brands.
- Regularly review onboarding pipeline activities at scale to identify lags and opportunities for improvement and report out to the broader International team.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of Customer Service, Operations, or Account Management experience
- 2+ years of proven project management experience
- You have customer presence and are able to quickly earn trust and respect
- A high level of energy, motivation, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- You are results and systems-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- You are data-savvy. You can measure the performance of your brands and understand levers to improve the customer experience
- You are empathetic and have the ability to take initiative in doing the right thing for the customer
- You are a great teammate and are resilient in the face of challenges, ambiguity, change
Nice to have
- Related industry experience with a background in technology and e-commerce ecosystems
- Experience with excel and managing large data sets
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.