Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the early team for Faire Europe. As we expand into Europe, our Brand Partnerships Team is at the forefront of Faire’s success, ensuring that the best and most relevant Brands are on our platform. In this role, you are directly contributing to the company’s success by growing our supply of quality products and ensuring that we are ready to service our next segment of neighborhood retailers in the U.K. and E.U.
We are a growing team and need a self-starter who can ramp quickly and manage a high-volume pipeline of leads. You communicate candidly. You are a pro at prioritizing. You are driven & proactive. You speak German natively or are professionally fluent. Above all, you will be critical during this foundational stage of the company, and instrumental in making Faire the de-facto platform for Brands to distribute their products and for independent Retailers to source amazing products for their stores.
This job is located in London, UK. While we are currently remote due to Covid-19, we are seeking candidates who are based in London, UK OR who are willing to relocate upon our eventual return to the office (timing to be determined).
What you’ll do
- Own a Strategic Book of Business to activate Brands on our platform
- Accelerate the lifecycle from first touch to win and push the upper limits of conversion rates amongst the team
- Iterate on our value props, sales tactics, processes and sales strategy overall through independence and ownership over your Book of Business as well as a self-starter approach to the job
- Collaborate with a dedicated SDR to increase penetration into your Book of Business through effective messaging, outreach and prioritization strategies
- Contribute to cross-functional initiatives with Brand Success, Biz Ops, Product and more to ensure a tight Brand experience and increase acquisition overall
- 2-5 years of Sales experience or relevant work experience
- Fluency in French and English (third language preferred)
- Expertise running a sales pipeline and ability to effectively manage multiple relationships at a time
- High level of flexibility and excitement for a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Motivated by and invests heavily in the success of your team
- Passion and empathy for artisans and Brands
- Analytical and data-conscious
- Operationally-minded and driven by process
- Calm and collected; eloquent and concise in your communication
- Experience and comfort with technology and learning new SaaS tools (ie, Salesforce, SalesLoft, Mode, Sales Navigator, custom internal tools) is a plus
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.