Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About the Role
We are looking for a Growth Analytics Associate to join our Growth team. As a Growth Analytics Associate, you will help Faire grow fast and efficiently through rigorous analyses covering all of our acquisition channels, geographies and growth funnels. Your work will directly impact our business decisions, ranging from daily marketing investment decisions to longer-term growth strategies. You will work cross-functionally with Performance Marketing, Business Operations, Strategic Finance, Product, Data Science and Data Engineering.
What you'll do
- Scope and conduct analyses using SQL and data analytics tools to identify high ROI opportunities across all of Faire’s growth channels (e.g., Search, Social, Referrals) globally
- Forecast payback of our growth initiatives to drive investment allocation decisions
- Set, monitor, and report out on key growth KPIs (e.g., conversion rates, CAC, LTV)
- Partner with Performance Marketing Managers to conduct ad testing and new campaign launches
- Drive quarterly and annual goal setting for our growth channels in collaboration with Strategic Finance, Performance Marketing, Business Operations and Product
- Collaborate with Data team to transform raw data sets into a digestible format for business partners and ensure that growth funnel data is reliable for key growth decisions
- Support Growth AB testing and experimentation in partnership with Data Science by identifying test cases, developing hypotheses, and analyzing results to make decisions
- Communicate metrics and recommendations to executives and cross-functional stakeholders to help drive decisions
- Become an expert on marketing attribution
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in investment banking, investment research, corporate finance, growth/marketing analytics, or other quantitative/analytical fields
- You have excellent financial acumen and financial modeling skills. You are an Excel expert and have built forecast models from scratch.
- You have a solid analytical foundation. You have conducted rigorous analyses to draw helpful conclusions and can tackle complicated problems in a structured manner.
- You are interested in Growth Marketing. You are excited to learn about how Social Media and Search Engine Marketing campaigns work and to help drive campaign strategies.
- You are a fast learner. You have the natural curiosity and intellectual horsepower to deeply understand new topics and pick up new skills in a very short time.
- You have excellent written & oral communication skills. You can communicate insight crisply to all stakeholders.
- You have a strong attention to detail. You always produce high quality and accurate work.
- Prior experience with SQL is strongly preferred but not required. Enthusiasm to learn SQL & data analytics is required.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.