Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
What you'll do
- Make it your mission to foster exceptional customer experiences across the marketplace
- Serve as the front line, go-to resource for customer questions and platform issues
- Support our brand partners with seamless order processing and fulfillment
- Support our retailer partners with successful product curation for their store locations
- Stay on top of internal policies and Faire product offerings in a rapidly changing environment
- Take ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, and escalate when necessary
- Understand business metrics to measure your personal and team contribution to Faire’s mission
- At this time this role is not available to be fully remote but we are offering some flexible work from home days throughout the week
- 1-3 years of Customer Support, Sales, or related experience
- Work our 10:30 am - 7:30 pm shift and open to the weekend shift (Tuesday - Saturday)
- Flexible with your working schedule to accommodate business needs during peak season and holidays (overtime)
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as we currently support through a variety of mediums including (but not limited to) phone, email, and chat
- Empathetic and understanding to our customers’ unique experiences. You must be passionate about delighting our customers every single day!
- Tenaciously organized, disciplined, and comfortable managing competing priorities with care
- Confident adapting to rapid change in a metrics-based and performance-driven environment
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task; this role will involve navigating and diagnosing website experiences while maintaining focus on the customer and their immediate needs
- Ability to quickly pick up a variety of software applications with ease. Experience with Zendesk or multi-line phone systems would be a bonus!
Please note that while we are currently remote, once Faire offices re-open this role will be an onsite function out of our Atlanta office.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.