Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands and local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About this role
Faire is a company invested in good design—as a Product Design Lead, you’ll join a tight-knit, collaborative team of designers who care deeply about creating beautiful and intuitive experiences. Our team is at the center of product work at Faire, designing experiences for the thousands of small retailers and maker brands growing their businesses in our marketplace.
In this role, you’ll help shape Faire’s product, working with team members across content strategy, design research, engineering, product, and customer service. You'll embed in a product team and focus on designing features and experiences for a strategic pillar of our product. As a design lead, you'll strive to understand our customers’ challenges and craft flows that help people move through our products with confidence.
We’re looking for team members that excel across the entire product development lifecycle, come with a growth mindset, and bring a genuine desire to learn about our customers.
As a Product Design Lead, you will:
- Collaborate with partners across product and engineering to define, build, and release new products and features.
- Construct user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts for validation.
- Develop and deliver well-documented, high-fidelity visuals that accurately represent Faire’s brand and design system standards.
- Participate in and/or lead user interviews and research to better understand customer needs.
- Contribute strategic thinking to product features and roadmap.
- Mentor and guide team members, helping them develop and grow.
- Contribute to and positively shape the design team’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration.
- 5+ experience designing digital products and systems. You have a breadth of knowledge of what goes into product design, from systems to visuals.
- Great communication skills. You present design decisions and processes clearly and confidently, regardless of audience.
- A collaborative approach. You’re a great partner to other designers and your cross-functional teammates.
- A growth-mindset. You’re open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor. We spend a lot of time together—sharing gifs and laughing over lunch keeps us energized and inspired throughout the day.
We value candidates that bring a range of experience from different industries and a variety of creative influences. If you’re a maker or retailer yourself and can bring first-hand experience and empathy for the small business and entrepreneurial journey, tell us your story!
Why you’ll love working at Faire:
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.